Thread: Holley 550-917 Terminator X Max MAT sensor connection.

Default Holley 550-917 Terminator X Max MAT sensor connection.

I'm using a Holley 550-917 Terminator X Max system for a 2005 LQ4 swap into a 1985 Corvette. I can't find the MAT sensor, the instructions say to plug it into the sensor on the intake manifold. There's a sensor at the front of the manifold (truck style) that may be a MAT sensor, but the plug won't work, sensor is bigger than the Holley connector. Is there a part number I should look for?

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Thanks Danny. I was just looking at that one. So if I go with a different or custom intake is there a specific place to install this?

That depends if you want a MAT (Manifold Air Temp) sensor or an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor. A MAT sensor is installed & measures the intake plenum or an intake runner temperature, and an IAT sensor is installed & measures the air intake tube temperature.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

I didn't know that was an option. Is that something I can find in the tuning manual? I don't see anything in the install manual about changing the sensor type.

It's the same sensor that can be used two different ways. It's not an EFI software setting change, it's a sensor installation location change.

Gotcha, I was thinking the computer needs to know where the sensor is. Also thinking the intake manifold will be warmer than the intake tube. Thanks for the quick replies!

Quote Originally Posted by banditt1979 View Post
    Gotcha, I was thinking the computer needs to know where the sensor is.
    That's what the Air Temperature Enrichment % table tuning is for:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7913#post67913 (Air Temperature Enrichment % Table Tuning)