Thread: Terminator/HP and AFR gauge(s) connection?

1. Question Terminator/HP and AFR gauge(s) connection?

I have found a few posts pertaining to my question, but they all differ slightly and don't match up to what I'm looking for.

So my question is: Can the Holley Terminator/HP ECU "output" to third party AFR gauges?

Current setup:
    Driver side bank - Utilizes an Innovate DB series AFR gauge, its supplied controller, and WBO2 sensor
    Passenger side bank - Utilizes Holley WBO2 sensor that came with terminator kit (So AFR is only being shown on 3.5" LCD)

Scenario 1:
    I'm finalizing my custom dash this coming spring. The dash will consist of the new Holley 6" Digital Pro-Dash (And hopefully 2 AFR gauges)

Because I already have one Innovate AFR gauge, I would like to keep everything equal and get another. 1 for the left bank, the other for the right.

Is it possible to wire in the new Innovate gauge to the ECU so that the gauge shows the AFR reading that the ECU is already monitoring? Basically, instead of viewing that AFR ratio on the pro dash, can I have it be viewed on a physical gauge?

Scenario 2:
    If their is no way that the ECU can send a signal like this to a third party gauge, can the wires from the Holley WBO2 sensor be "tapped" into by the Innovate "controller" supplied with their gauges? Basically piggybacking for a usable signal. (I'm not a fan of this idea I just thought of, but figured I'd ask.)

Scenario 3:

If the above 2 are not possible, can another Holley WBO2 sensor be installed (replacing the Innovate one) and be wired into the Terminator/HP ECU so that I can utilize the "AFR Right & AFR Left" options, thus allowing me to purchase two of the Holley EFI analog AFR gauges so that both banks are monitored on physical gauges (Or Pro Dash if needed)?

Please note: I am aware that the HP ECU cannot utilize the "Average" tuning of two AFR banks like the Dominator. I'm simply looking to "Monitor" values on separate gauges.
    1986 Ford Thunderbird: Custom ROUSH 427 SBF/DART SHP Big Bore Block, AFR Heads, Holley Terminator EFI, Holley Smart Coils, custom valve cover coil bracket.
    "T-birds are like the red headed step son of the Fox body family...but we still love 'em the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbird86 View Post
    So my question is: Can the Holley Terminator/HP ECU "output" to third party AFR gauges?
    Holley EFI Analog Style CAN Gauges. From the Holley EFI 554-130 Gauge Module instructions:
    "Holley EFI Analog Style CAN Gauges require the Holley EFI 554-130 Gauge Module to function. The module is compatible with any Terminator, HP, Dominator, or Sniper ECU. The module can be connected to any single gauge and additional gauges maybe daisy chained in any order. Only one module is required per vehicle, allowing the user to daisy chain as many gauges together as they wish without having to purchase additional modules."

Yes, you can use as many Analog EFI Gauges (LINK) as you'd like (1-wire daisy chain).
    The white/black wire on the gauge/module, connects directly to the ECU P1A connector - pin A15.
    J1A-A15 is the ECU's DGI-Tx (Data Gateway Interface-Telecommunication Transmission) connection wire.
    The gauge kit should be supplied with an ECU connector terminal (small round barrel terminal).
    The white/black wire doesn't connect to the I/O Harness, nor does it involve any ECU programming.
    The Holley EFI Analog Gauges require one analog Gauge Module (LINK) to connect to the ECU.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10942.pdf (Analog Gauge Instructions)

Please note: I am aware that the HP ECU cannot utilize the "Average" tuning of two AFR banks like the Dominator. I'm simply looking to "Monitor" values on separate gauges.
    It can receive a 0-5V Input from an aftermarket/stand-alone wideband O2 sensor controller. You'll connect the stand-alone controller's 0-5V signal output wire into a 0-5V Holley HP/Dominator EFI Input (created in the Inputs/Outputs ICF) for monitoring/datalogging purposes; you just can't run Closed Loop off of it.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....8389#post58389 (How To Create A Custom Input/Output)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    J1A-A15 is the ECU's DGI-Tx (Data Gateway Interface-Telecommunication Transmission) connection wire.
    And I'm guessing this is a Holley specific thing only for the Holley gauge module, and not usable by any other manufacture controllers/modules?

It can receive a 0-5V Input from an aftermarket/stand-alone wideband O2 sensor controller. You'll connect the stand-alone controller's 0-5V signal output wire into a 0-5V Holley HP/Dominator EFI Input (created in the Inputs/Outputs ICF) for monitoring/datalogging purposes; you just can't run Closed Loop off of it.
    So kind of a solution relating to "Scenario 3"? If performed, and the analog gauge module installed, can I then have two of the Holley gauges displaying the info for each bank? Or will this only allow it to be seen/configured on the Pro Dash?
    1986 Ford Thunderbird: Custom ROUSH 427 SBF/DART SHP Big Bore Block, AFR Heads, Holley Terminator EFI, Holley Smart Coils, custom valve cover coil bracket.
    "T-birds are like the red headed step son of the Fox body family...but we still love 'em the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Cougarbird86 View Post
    And I'm guessing this is a Holley specific thing only for the Holley gauge module, and not usable by any other manufacture controllers/modules?
    Correct, Holley EFI only.

So kind of a solution relating to "Scenario 3"?
    The "AFR Right" WBO2 channel is only for the Dominator ECU.

If performed, and the analog gauge module installed, can I then have two of the Holley gauges displaying the info for each bank?
    No, only the Dominator ECU can display the "AFR Right" WBO2 channel.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm TB, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

5. Default

So basically a "No" to what I was trying to accomplish with Innovate gauges. All I can do is run the Innovate alone on its own bank, and either continue viewing the Holley's bank on the LCD, or get the analog gauge for it. No way to use/display data from Holley ECU on a separate Innovate gauge. (At least in regards to the HP ECU.) Anyone wanna buy a HP ECU? LOL!

Initially, the Dominator ECU's dual wideband O2 sensor capability was what made the decision for me.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...5480#post45480 (Related Forum Post)

7. Default

The Dominator, however, also CANNOT output to any other gauge(s) except for the Holley Analog Gauges, correct?

Yes, that's correct.