Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Exhaust & Adjustment?

I hope everyone is staying safe. Here's another issue I may run into. I'm going to start removing the undercar exhaust including the WBO2 sensor. I'll be doing the project in chunks when I get time, 20 minutes here, 45 there, so it may take me several weeks. In the meantime, I may have to move the car out of the garage. Will it run if the WBO2 sensor is just strapped to the frame prior to my having the new exhaust on? If so, will that hurt anything? Thanks.

Not if you put the ECU in Open Loop.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Not if you put the ECU in Open Loop.
    Sorry for my ignorance Danny. What the heck does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jc03 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance Danny. What the heck does that mean?
    Basic explanation: Closed Loop is using the WBO2 sensor to maintain Target AFR. Open Loop is when it just refers to the Base Fuel Table and does not use the WBO2 sensor.

I'm pretty sure that if a WBO2 sensor is hanging under a car Open Loop, will occur automatically.

No, it won't. The WBO2 sensor will continue measuring fresh air. This is why exhaust leaks are not acceptable.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

If the fuel map is close, then just remove the wideband O2 sensor and put the Sniper into Open Loop and drive it.

Help. I'm having another issue. Almost got the new exhaust bolted up and I have the clamps on the pipe ready to pick a spot to drill the hole for the WBO2 sensor. The pipes aren't completely round though. Can the saddle clamp be placed more on an "oval" part of the pipe? Thanks in advance.

Don't do a hack job. Weld a conventional O2 sensor bung on it.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...4322#post14322 (Additional WBO2 Bung Information)

Quote Originally Posted by jc03 View Post
    Help. I'm having another issue. Almost got the new exhaust bolted up and I have the clamps on the pipe ready to pick a spot to drill the hole for the WBO2 sensor. The pipes aren't completely round though. Can the saddle clamp be placed more on an "oval" part of the pipe? Thanks in advance.
    You can place it anywhere IF you can get it to seal. Again, IF you can get it to seal. I'd highly recommend welding in the O2 sensor bung as Danny suggested so you can eliminate future issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12