Thread: Random Miss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Random Miss

I can't seem to work this random miss out. I can't seem to figure out what's causing it. Attached is a datalog of me driving down the highway today and you can see two lean spikes when it misses. None of the other sensors seem to be picking anything up and they look to be right where they should be. Any ideas what could be doing this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Highway driving.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	9120  

Interesting, your MAT follows your Battery Voltage. Gary
    Regards, Gary

That's actually the MAP that mirrors the TPS. The battery voltage is the top yellow line that is flat. The MAT is the green line at the very bottom. It was cold here today and only seen about 65° intake temps while driving.

Ah, yes OK, sorry I can't follow the colors, are a bad representation. Your lean spikes, are just spikes, so could EMI, could be a poor connection, could be a ground. Gary
    Regards, Gary

I thought it was noise to. Been trying to find it for a couple weeks. I have the engine block, one head and frame all grounded directly to the battery. Actually the cab is also. I ground the paint off the block and head where they are bolted. The WBO2 harness is completely away from all the other wiring. It happens at different RPM and engine loads. I’m just lost at where to go next.