Thread: Stacking Outputs

Default Stacking Outputs

I'm not able to stack outputs in the Pin Map. Would there be an issue with physically wiring three outputs (all +12V) from the ECU to control one relay? Backfeeding from one output to another output.

You could with diodes, but you don't need to. Don't Pin Map any of your three outputs. Instead make a 4th output, and in the Linked Outputs section, you can have this 4th one enable when the other three enable, select single as the condition. Or a better way if you can, is not use those three Outputs at all and just put whatever conditions you're looking for in the Sensor Input Trigger section. Either way, this works and allows just one Output wire to the relay. I use this method to Output a safety rev limit feature. I have an Output with oil pressure, fuel pressure & CTS Max/Min conditions that I physically wired back into an Input, and then use that Input as Rev Limiter #1.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedCP View Post
    I'm not able to stack outputs in the Pin Map. Would there be an issue with physically wiring three outputs (all +12V) from the ECU to control one relay? Backfeeding from one output to another output.
    Do you want to perform "And" function or "Or" function?

Quote Originally Posted by ninety3 View Post
    You could with diodes, but you don't need to. Don't Pin Map any of your three outputs. Instead make a 4th output, and in the Linked Outputs section, you can have this 4th one enable when the other three enable, select single as the condition. Or a better way if you can, is not use those three Outputs at all and just put whatever conditions you're looking for in the Sensor Input Trigger section. Either way, this works and allows just one Output wire to the relay. I use this method to Output a safety rev limit feature. I have an Output with oil pressure, fuel pressure & CTS Max/Min conditions that I physically wired back into an Input, and then use that Input as Rev Limiter #1.
    To the OP, this 1st case is "And" function, and this 2nd case is "Or" function. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Ninety3, thank you! I've done the same with some safeties and use it in the Boost ICF as Switched Trigger in Safety Setup. But on this Output, I took the wrong fork in the road as far as the thought process. Thanks for putting back on the right road.
    Gaz64/Gary, thank you also.
    Last edited by BoostedCP; 01-16-2020 at 08:09 AM.

You can get really complicated with doing stacked Outputs with logic flows and everything. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
    You can get really complicated with doing stacked Outputs with logic flows and everything. Good luck!
    As long as we aren't trying to accomplish NAND, Nor or Exclusive Or functions. Gary
    Regards, Gary