Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing Project Recomendation

I agree too about tunnel rams and EFI. The only problem with carbureted tunnel rams was fuel atomization, distribution and getting enough pump shot to not send fire balls out the air cleaner. But with MPFI it's just sending air. You see all the LS guys doing the Hi-Ram intakes now. That was the thought was to make a 426 HEMI version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I would not take on that project myself (I'm helping with engine design & wiring), but he (car owner) is the owner of his own fabrication shop (https://jamiesonfab.com/) with everything to make the part work and to create the new one. I think the Edelbrock manifold would be a step backwards from the tunnel ram it currently has as far as airflow. For a pure street car, it would be a nice choice.

Looking a little closer at the specs of the Edelbrock system (2000 CFM throttle bodies), it may be enough. I'm just concerned that the ports of the manifold won't be enough. I'd like to see flow numbers of the manifold.
    A pump gas Hemi with cast iron heads isn't going to put much stress on the Edelbrock EFI intake. You aren't building anything radical there, sounds like it might hit 700 HP at best. No reason to reinvent the wheel when the parts are on the shelf. But if you like to do stuff the hard way then not much point in talking you out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    You're talking about a lot of work. It might be better to just buy off the shelf parts and get the car going. Lots of projects get stalled because too much on the plate. The Edelbrock manifold will bolt on, fuel rails bolt on, dual throttle bodies bolt on, HP ECU plugs in, dual sync distributor drops into place, etc. FAST Man EFI can sell you the setup and provide a startup tune. If you follow that plan you'll have the car running in a few weeks.
    Do you recommend running the Holley controller over just doing the entire Edelbrock EFI kit? If so, why? ThankS!

Who said anything about using an Edelbrock EFI kit? My post was pretty clear about the parts selection that would work on your engine. The parts list I gave you will easily support your power gains and it should be plug & play.

Who said anything about using an Edelbrock EFI kit? My post was pretty clear about the parts selection that would work on your engine. The parts list I gave you will easily support your power gains and it should be plug & play.
    Sorry about that, I read it too quick and just went right to look at the Edelbrock website. I assume one can buy the intake, throttle bodies outside of a kit?

A pump gas Hemi with cast iron heads isn't going to put much stress on the Edelbrock EFI intake. You aren't building anything radical there, sounds like it might hit 700 HP at best. No reason to reinvent the wheel when the parts are on the shelf. But if you like to do stuff the hard way then not much point in talking you out of it.
    I agree with you completely. I'm just trying to make sure my recommendations to the owner make the best sense for the long run. Thanks again for the help

Yes, you just call up Jegs or Summit and give them a credit card number and they ship you the intake. https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350...yABEgLw6fD_BwE

Here are some throttle bodies:
    Holley has them: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/112-588
    Summit has a ton of them: https://www.summitracing.com/search/...i-quantity%3A4
    Last edited by AndyF; 01-17-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks everyone. I think I have the parts list I want. Guilty of not spending the time shopping via Summit or Jegs, just using the Holley or Edelbrock sites. My bad.

If you want good answers you have to ask good questions. For example, Summit shows more than 20 throttle bodies for EFI applications. A good question to ask on this forum would be "what is a good throttle body to use with an HP ECU?" If you ask a question like that then you'll probably get an informed opinion which takes into account sensor compatibility and connectors fitting and stuff like that. There is a difference between different styles of sensors. If you don't understand that level of detail then you'll get lost very quickly when you try to build an EFI system from scratch. The wiring harnesses are not universal, they are designed to plug into something. You need to know what you're doing before you start ordering parts, or else you'll wasted a bunch of time and money.

Thanks Andy. I definitely understand the complexity. Much research will be done before parts are ordered. At this stage, I was just trying to get a broad picture of where I wanted to go. I do think I will be going the Edelbrock intake with the 2x4 throttle bodies. (Will shop for best option for HP.) Since you mention opinions on throttle bodies, what would you run with an HP setup?

Here are your options from Holley EFI: https://www.holley.com/brands/holley...rottle_bodies/ (Select "4BBL Throttle Bodies" at left pane.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast