Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAN Addresses

Default CAN Addresses

Hello. I'm looking for information about the CAN addresses that Holley uses for its sensors. Oil press, water temp, fuel press, etc. Will someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Luigi

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Don't waste your time, I already tried. Their CAN protocol is proprietary and they won't give out any information about it.
    Andrew

Bigfella, I hope that's not accurate. It makes using a PDM to it's full capacity impossible.

I wish I was (and hope I am) wrong, by all means make your own inquiries and let us know the result here.
    Andrew

Got a reply:
    Hello. Thank you for contacting Holley Tech Service.
    Our specific usage is for Holley specific CAN protocol that is proprietary.
    Thank you, Kent in Tech
    Last edited by luigi; 01-23-2020 at 10:13 AM. Reason: missing word

I hate to say "I told you so..." (Ah, who am I kidding, I love to say it!)

There is hardware/software available that can 'sniff out' the various packets sent over a CAN, but it takes a long time and even more patience to get the majority of commands logged, and even then I doubt you would be able to identify absolutely everything.

Some guys over on the Offshore Marine forum did it for their Auto Helm thingy, but don't bother asking them either, I already tried there too. Not that I blame them, I wouldn't be in any hurry to give away hundreds of hours of work either!
    Andrew

I had to try (even though you told me so). I'm really confused as to why this would be held as "proprietary" information. It's pretty sad that Holley owns Racepak and they can't get along any better. If I need a box to make these two talk, I clearly need to rethink purchasing a Racepak PDM or dash. Sigh... The wall of mis-purchased parts grows.

Sorry, I don't think you mentioned before that it was for a Racepak product.
    Holley ECUs have two options for the CAN Bus language, in the "System ICF > SYSTEM PARAMETERS > Basic I/O > CAN Bus" tab you can choose between "Holley Standard" and "Racepak" for each of the two CAN Bus(ses). Simply choose "Racepak" for whichever CAN Bus you connect your dash to and all should be right in the world again, no converter box needed.
    Last edited by Bigfella237; 01-24-2020 at 02:57 AM.
    Andrew

Correct. There are two CAN Bus #1 & #2 Types in Basic I/O (System ICF). One will be set to "Holley Standard", and the other "Racepak". Change the appropriate protocol channels to "Holley Standard" & "Racepak".
    CAN Bus 1 Type: ECU pins J1-A32 (High) & J1-A24 (Low).
    CAN Bus 2 Type: ECU pins J3-B20 (High) & J3-B14 (Low).
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Pages 6 & 8)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast