Thread: Fuel Supply

Default Fuel Supply

I'm converting from carb to the Sniper EFI. I currently have a -10 fuel line from the rear fuel cell to a fuel log. I plan on using the Holley fuel cell pump #19-385. Can I reuse my current -10 fuel line? Thanks, Jason

Is it rated for 60+ psi? Is it stainless braided?

I'm back at his project. A little more information is that it's a 408W that will run some nitrous at some point. Mostly N/A. Yes, my hose is rated high enough and is stainless braided.

I plan on getting the Super Sniper (#550-519). So I'm going to use the 19-380 return style fuel cell pump. I'm planning on using the Earl's 10 micron filter (#230608) after the pump. And then run the my -10 fuel line to the front of the car. From here I'm not sure. Do I reduce the line down to get into the -6 inlet to the throttle body, or do I put a fuel regulator on before the throttle body? Then I plan on running a return line back to the tank either off the regulator or the throttle body, whichever one is recommended. Any input is appreciated. Thanks, Jason

Download the Sniper instructions and read over the fuel plumbing section. The Sniper comes with a built-in regulator, but it isn't a super high quality unit. On a serious race car, I'd probably upgrade to an external regulator. On a budget bracket car the internal Sniper regulator should work just fine. Yes, just use a reducer fitting to go from #10 to #6 AN o-ring at the Sniper. You should install a fuel pressure sending unit since you have a Super Sniper. The sending units are $100 each so they get expensive, but then you can datalog oil pressure & fuel pressure.

Regulator goes on exit of the fuel rail. I'd just remove the existing Holley unit and use your own external quality unit.

Since you have a fuel cell in the trunk the best option would be to put a Holley 12-876 in the trunk next to the fuel cell. The 12-876 is a regulator and a filter so you don't need to buy another filter. Then just run your existing #10 line up to the Sniper and plumb it into the back of the Sniper. Plug the regulator output on the Sniper. This makes a very simple one line setup with no return line coming back from the front of the car. You'll just have one line under the car for the high pressure fuel. There will be a short return line inside the trunk from the regulator back to the fuel pump assembly.
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/12-876

Andy, thank you for the guidance! I seen that fuel filter/return last night, but didn't know if that would work. That'll make the install much cleaner. Thanks, Jason

Andy, I also have a Racepak UDX Dash that datalogs fuel & oil pressure. So I think that'll be okay. But I appreciate you thinking ahead. Jason

Yes, if you're already datalogging then you probably don't need to buy sensors for your Sniper. But if you ever run out of channels on your Racepak remember that you have three pressure channels on the Super Sniper that you can datalog. Also, the Sniper will datalog MAP, TPS, MAT, fuel flow and things like that which your Racepak probably isn't recording. So you might find it valuable to look at the Sniper datalogs as well as your normal Racepak datalogs.

If you ever redo your fuel line #8 is all you need. It would save you space and weight to go with a smaller line, but if what you have is working then leave the #10 in there. I think you'll like the 12-876. It makes a very clean install with a short return line and a single high pressure line. Just keep the fuel line away from the exhaust so there is no chance of boiling the fuel. When you plug the return line out of the Sniper use a high quality AN plug fitting not a dust cap. There will be pressure on that fitting so you want to avoid a fuel leak on the engine.