X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chevyluv72
    • Sep 2019

MSD Digital 6 & Sniper 4500

Hello. New to EFI and just got a Sniper 4500. Can I use my MSD 85551 distributor and MSD Digital 6 box together with the 4500? Thanks.
  • thecowwatcher
    • Aug 2019

In short answer, yes. But are you wanting to control the timing with the Sniper? The Sniper instructions are fairly straight forward for the Digital 6 box. Any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Comment

• Danny Cabral
      Administrator
      • Dec 2009

In my opinion, if a Holley EFI user isn't familiar with the Magnetic Ignition Type "Minimum Signal Voltage" &
      "Filtering" parameters (in System Parameters/Custom Ignition Parameters), then they have no business using
      VR/magnetic pickup type crank & cam sensors. This is the problem with using magnetic pickup type sensors,
      there's more tuning work/adjustment involved. Hall-Effect sensors are "set & forget", very easy to use.

The more robust Hall-Effect sensors are preferred because they're not susceptible to EMI/RFI interference/noise,
      and their digital square-wave signal strength is consistent, regardless of RPM (unlike the VR magnetic sine-wave).
      Also, the VR magnetic pickup signal is weaker at cranking speeds.

Another problem with using VR Magnetic sensors, is there's more tuning work. Hall-Effect is "set & forget".
      The VR Magnetic Sensor Type "Filtering" & "Minimum Signal Voltage" parameters need to be programmed.
      http://documents.holley.com/199r10676rev.pdf (Magnetic Crank/Cam Input Filtering Parameters, Page 2)
      http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4450#post54450 (Example: Wrong Magnetic Parameters, Post #25)

Hall-Effect: 3-wire, square wave signal (digital), pulse generation
      VR Magnetic: 2-wire, sine wave signal (inductive), voltage generation
      http://www.electronicproducts.com/El...g_for_you.aspx (Hall-Effect vs VR Magnetic)
      May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
      '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• chevyluv72
        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by thecowwatcher View Post
        In short answer, yes. But are you wanting to control the timing with the Sniper? The Sniper instructions are fairly straight forward for the Digital 6 box. Any more questions, please feel free to ask.
        Thank you Sir. I have the download of the 4500 Sniper thanks to Danny. I picked up a Holley Dual Sync distributor, so I can plug & play with the Holley unit.

Comment

Working...
        X