Thread: G2X Black Box Firmware Reflash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default G2X Black Box Firmware Reflash

Hi. I have a G2X black box that I tried updating the firmware on and the update failed. I sent it into MSD where they said the unit is "too old" to service and that I'd need to just throw it in the trash. Seems crazy to me to toss a $1K data acquisition system in the trash. So does anyone know of a way to reflash this or anyone who can?

If there's no one out there, I might be able to get my hands on another black box from a friend to borrow. I'm guessing that it wouldn't be as simple as copy/paste if I want to restore mine using the donor system? Also, if anyone happens to have an extra black box unit for sale cheap that I could just replace mine with that would work as well. Thanks!

Hi. I have a complete Racepak G2x datalogger black box, dash, action cam interface, GPS and all cables. Everything is working perfectly. $150 for everything. Email is krittir@gmail.com or call/text 408-717-three three one nine.

Thanks! I think Todd at Performance Data Systems is going to be able to help me out. Currently in process. Great option if it doesn’t work out though, so I just shoot you an email.