Thread: Datalog Issue

Default Datalog Issue

Recently, I updated from V4 Build 30 where my datalogs would all download in one file (have it set to 600 seconds to catch the start through warmup). Just updated to the most recent version V5 Build 140. Now when I download I get the standard .DLZ file as always, but when I open it it breaks up into 2 or 3 sub-files. The datalog was run for 500 of the 600 seconds so it was not starting a new datalog. Anyone else have this issue or know of a correction? I noticed on the V5 update log, they made a bug correction back in V5 Build 32. Is it possible the bug exists again in the current update?
    IG: @jrls3z28

My V5 Build 140 EFI software opens & displays previous V5 version datalogs just fine.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Right now, I'm using V5 Build 32, and mine breaks up the datalogs as well.

Completely uninstalled both V4 & V5 software today to start from scratch with V5 build 140, but still have the same issue. Below is how it extracts:
    28114458.DLZ
    28114458.DL (First 425 seconds of the datalog.)
    28114458_1.DL (Same file as above just named different.)
    28114458_1_1.DL (Creates same file as above but only after you open 28114458_1.DL.)
    28114458_2.DL (Remaining time on log up to end time set.)

Going to shorten datalogs up to 400 seconds to see how that works, but if not, I'll give the tech line a call and see what they say. Kind of odd it works for you Danny, but not me, being same EFI software/ECU firmware. Happy Thanksgiving.

UPDATE: I set my datalogs to 400 seconds today and no more odd files when they were extracted. Once it hit the 400 mark it started a new datalog file like normal.
    IG: @jrls3z28

Quote Originally Posted by JRHershey View Post
    Going to shorten datalogs up to 400 seconds to see how that works, but if not, I'll give the tech line a call and see what they say. Kind of odd it works for you Danny, but not me, being same EFI software/ECU firmware.
    UPDATE: I set my datalogs to 400 seconds today and no more odd files when they were extracted. Once it hit the 400 mark it started a new datalog file like normal.
    Yep, that's because it's been many years since I've recorded a datalog longer than 6.66 minutes (400 seconds). I prefer shorter datalogs (within reason).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

I'm having this same issue after updating to V5 140. After seeing this thread I checked my settings and found mine set to 120 seconds and thought I found the problem. I changed setting to 720 seconds and still had same issue. The datalog file still gets broken into ~120 second file segments. I confirmed the settings were updated to the ECU by checking my Digital Dash. Anyone else still having this issue?

I'm still having this problem even when datalogging from my PC. Anyone have any ideas why? It does not happen all the time. Sometimes I can datalog for 400-500 seconds with no issues. Next datalog may record for less than 120 second,s but break it up into two files. After I view a datalog it'll make a copy and add a _1 to the file name. If I view it again it'll add a _2. If it's a file that was already broken up, it will add a _1_1, if I view it again it will be _1_2. I think this started with the V140 upgrade, but I'm not 100% certain (maybe V130). Any help would be awesome. This is creating a crazy amounts of datalog files.

Bumping this again as well. Terminator X, datalogging from PC. I can go datalog one big, say 30 minute file, and it'll save it as such. The first time I open it however, it parses it out into smaller files (seemingly limited around 22MB), named *datalog*_1,_2, etc. Is there a way to disable this, so I can just scrub through my one big datalog as intended? Or a way I can change the maximum datalog length? Thanks!

Record shorter datalogs.