Thread: Holley Dominator & Racepak SmartWire questions.

Default Holley Dominator & Racepak SmartWire questions.

I'm making a list of items to purchase for my build. I plan on running the Racepak SmartWire, along with a Holley Dominator, and a Holley dash. But I have a few questions. I've looked through the manuals for the Holley dash, Dominator, and SmartWire, but there is just a lack of information when using these items together (unless I missed something).

- What is required to connect the SmartWire VNET CAN to the Holley? I have found a discontinued CAN connector kit, but I'm coming up a bit short on how these interface together.
    - Can I output signal via Vnet to the SmartWire from the Dominator, and use that as an input, instead of/in addition to using the Racepak switch module?
    - With a CAN connection, will I be able to see data from the SmartWire through the Holley dash, or datalog information if desired? Any input on this is much appreciated, Thanks, Eric

For anyone else wondering, I called the tech line. After a couple guys there had a conversation I found all the information I've been looking for between Dominator and SmartWire CAN communications. I'm updating this for anyone else wondering.
    - Universal EFI module still required to connect the two together due to communications.
    - The CAN connection really only allows the SmartWire to see sensor data, and use that to toggle items on & off.
    - Cannot send an I/O output to the Smartwire from the ECU to use as an input.