Thread: Dominator ECU, outputs not working.

Default Dominator ECU, outputs not working.

Need some help, at my wits end. Sorry for the long post. Background:
    New install, Holley Dominator for LSx 427/4L80E build.
    Wired as per manual.
    Power and ground direct to battery.
    ECU injector grounds to both cylinder heads.
    ECU/system relay ground to clean good ground.
    Switched voltage to fuse block, confirmed battery voltage on/while cranking.
    Loaded V5 build 130 on Tuesday, uploaded to ECU with - no issues.
    Loaded base calibration LSx build Global File - no issues.
    Checked sensor data - all looks good.
    Configured custom I/O and Pin Map for a second fuel pump to operate at 4000 RPM.
    Used J1-B3 as a switched ground output to a good quality relay terminal 85.
    Terminal 86 is to fused battery (Potter/Brumfield) with built-in resistor.
    Saved Global File to ECU.
    Entered trigger output to command enable, relay (changed trigger to CTS above 0°).
    Relay just buzzes, like not enough power or ground.
    Tried three other relays, all different brands, all built-in resistors.

Now this is where it's even more confusing.
    Remapped to J1-B10, J2-B8, B11, J4-B13 all as "G" output, same results, relays just buzz.
    Took one of the relays and Pin Mapped another output as a "H" 12V output on J2-B10 to terminal 86
    and applied battery ground to terminal 85.
    Enabled it and same thing, relay just hums.
    Checked voltage with meter, outputting 2.6V with (disabled), (0.00V enabled).
    Remapped to other "H" outputs, same results.
    Unplugged 4L80E harness, no change.

It's like the internal processor of the switching units is bad? Tried to start the LSx, it fired and ran like crap. It over fuels the right bank, left bank is a tad rich, after pulling plugs. I then updated to V5 build 140 today, thinking bad firmware, but same results, even made a completely new Global File just for fun. I got Holley on the tech phone yesterday afternoon, asked me a ton of questions, and I answered all with specs & voltages, he said, "It's all done right it should work?" So he is going to talk to the engineers and phone me back. Waiting for a call back from Holley Tech. Any other suggestions while I wait? Thanks, Kerry

Please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting. Also, profanity isn't allowed.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Sorry, just so conditioned to typing out for GM warrenty step-by-step verification, and didnt know cr#p was a bad word. I apologize.

You didn't type "crap" (I changed it to crap); you used the s*** word. Apology not necessary.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Well I solved my problem today. As expected, user error (me) being new to this program. After configuring my Sensor Input Triggers, I went into "Linked Outputs" thinking I had to enable it there as well, unchecked that back to a 0 and everything works as it's supposed too. Part of the learning curve I guess. Just glad I got it figured before I boxed it up to send to Holley, as that's what they wanted me to do on my call back.

Thanks for the update.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_199r10544.pdf (Holley EFI Help/Instructions Overview)