Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holley EFI & Ford TFI

Default Holley EFI & Ford TFI

Hello, I have a Ford 351W EFI 1996. I installed a stroker and camshaft and it's very difficult to control with stock ECM. So I'm thinking about use a Holley HP EFI for it. I've already installed them in three Chevy engines running more than 700 HP, so I like it and know it very well.

The problem or question I have is the following: The engine has a REMOTE TFI MODULE. It will work or I need a distributor with the module on it, and I have to use the gray or the black module? Regards.

Holley EFI claims the Ford TFI is only compatible with module on the distributor. I'm not convinced, but I don't use Ford TFI so I can't test that theory.
    Read posts #6, #7 & #9: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8842#post98842 (Additional Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny. So my best option is to use a dual sync distributor for 351W? Holley or MSD (MSD is a little cheaper than Holley, is there any difference? Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by CL4Ns View Post
    Thanks Danny. So my best option is to use a dual sync distributor for 351W?
    Yes, or install Coil-On-Plug ignition.

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    If you already have or you're purchasing a new Holley EFI non-LSx main harness:
    The Holley 558-307 CNP main harness is for Holley's Coil-On-Plug smart coils and LSx ignition coils (nine terminated loose wires into J1B).
    If using Holley's 556-112 CNP coils, the Holley 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness is also required (or the Holley 556-128 CNP Big Wire V8 Kit).
    For LSx coils, Holley 558-307 CNP main harness plugs into two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses or Holley 558-321 LSx coil sub-harnesses.
    If you had a Holley EFI LSx main harness, you wouldn't need the Holley 558-307 CNP main harness or the 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness.
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni...nd_components/ (Holley EFI Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Components)
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni.../parts/556-128 (Holley EFI 556-128 Coil-Near-Plug Big Wire V8 Kit)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-117 (Holley EFI 558-117 Universal MPFI Coil-Near-Plug Main Harness)
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-118 (Holley EFI 558-118 Ford Universal MPFI Coil-Near-Plug Main Harness)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...3038#post33038 (Detailed Crank Trigger & CNP/DIS Conversion Information & Reasoning)
    Holley or MSD (MSD is a little cheaper than Holley, is there any difference? Regards.
    Please provide Holley or MSD distributor part numbers.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Holley 565-201 & MSD 2378. Thanks Danny!

Either one of those Hall-Effect crank & cam sensor distributors will work great with Holley EFI.
    I like the MSD red cap & wire retainer and longer harness (it also states a sealed ball bearing).

When I first installed my HP, I used the stock distributor remote mount TFI, gray module, on my Lightning. No issues with it, worked fine, was at about the 700HP level then.
    '95 Lightning,351W,10.26/134,4280lbs

My Holley 351W Dual Sync Distributor came with a black MSD cap & wire retainer. Based on the Holley marketing video, both MSD and Holley are made in El Paso and I'm going to assume they are essentially the same part other than the color of the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Either one of those Hall-Effect crank & cam sensor distributors will work great with Holley EFI.
    I like the MSD red cap & wire retainer and longer harness (it also states a sealed ball bearing).
    OK Danny, thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by bWright View Post
    When I first installed my HP, I used the stock distributor remote mount TFI, gray module, on my Lightning. No issues with it, worked fine, was at about the 700HP level then.
    Thanks, that's what I want to do, but looking the dual sync distributor price, I thinks it's a good option too, and that way I'll have all new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar5.0 View Post
    My Holley 351W Dual Sync Distributor came with a black MSD cap & wire retainer. Based on the Holley marketing video, both MSD and Holley are made in El Paso and I'm going to assume they are essentially the same part other than the color of the cap.
    Thanks for info, that's what I'm thinking.

They're not exactly the same distributor. Read post #6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast