Thread: Terminator X Max for BBF with transmission control.

Default Terminator X Max for BBF with transmission control.

Hey guys. Looking at doing a Terminator X Max for a big block Ford with transmission control (LINK). Has a 4L80E transmission.

My main questions, can I do Coil-Near-Plug with with Holley smart coils or a set of LS coils for this combination? (Is the coil plug on the harness for the Ford Terminator X Kits?)

Does it require a crank trigger at that point or can the dual sync distributor be used, or both is required?

And lastly, can I run Holley injectors with this system or are they based around GM injectors only? Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2SheaMotorsports View Post
    My main questions, can I do Coil-Near-Plug with with Holley smart coils or a set of LS coils for this combination? (Is the coil plug on the harness for the Ford Terminator X Kits?)
    See page 11: https://documents.holley.com/199r11956.pdf (Holley 550-945 Ford Terminator X Max Kit)

Does it require a crank trigger at that point or can the dual sync distributor be used, or both is required?
    See page 33: https://documents.holley.com/199r11956.pdf (Holley 550-945 Ford Terminator X Max Kit)

And lastly, can I run Holley injectors with this system or are they based around GM injectors only? Thanks for the insight.
    See page 11 & 22: https://documents.holley.com/199r11956.pdf (Holley 550-945 Ford Terminator X Max Kit)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

What did you use for an adapter to bolt the 4L80E up? What Terminator kit did you use? I'm going to do this this winter.

Thanks for the reply Danny. The Holley instructions list that the LS coil harness plug “may be present on some model harnesses”. So can I assume this feature won’t be available on a SBF/BBF harness as these cars never had CNP when stock? Unless I’m blind, the instructions give no definite answer. I’ll probably run a dual sync distributor and HyperSpark ignition box for this combo. But Just need a definite answer on the LS coil harness. As the customer would much rather do that.

Fnfast88. I bought an adapter. It’s a billet piece that’s machined with a matching 4L80E front pump. Allows the use of an adapter bell housing from Reid. Worked slick. Wasn’t cheap. But worth it IMO. Then allows for a stock type 4L80E converter with a crank spacer/adapter. Thus not needing some goofy custom converter or anything. I’ll get you the name of the place the adapter came from.

Does your main harness have the "Ignition Even" & "Ignition Odd" coil pack connectors? If you don't have the kit yet, then you'll have to contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) to inquire about this, because unfortunately, there's no wiring diagram for this Holley kit part number (which disappoints me). However, read below:

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    If you already have or you're purchasing a new Holley EFI non-LSx main harness:
    The Holley 558-307 CNP main harness is for Holley's Coil-On-Plug smart coils and LSx ignition coils (nine terminated loose wires into J1B).
    If using Holley's 556-112 CNP coils, the Holley 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness is also required (or the Holley 556-128 CNP Big Wire V8 Kit).
    For LSx coils, Holley 558-307 CNP main harness plugs into two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses or Holley 558-321 LSx coil sub-harnesses.
    If you had a Holley EFI LSx main harness, you wouldn't need the Holley 558-307 CNP main harness or the 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness.
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni...nd_components/ (Holley EFI Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Components)
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni.../parts/556-128 (Holley EFI 556-128 Coil-Near-Plug Big Wire V8 Kit)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.