Thread: HyperSpark with a CDI box.

Default HyperSpark with a CDI box.

Can I use a HyperSpark distributor with a CDI box controlling timing. I can't get it to run with the coil driver, so I don't want to deal with the Sniper for timing, but don't want to have to buy another distributor.

Sniper controlled timing is the best way to go. You're halfway there with the distributor, so might as well buy the HyperSpark CD box & coil so you have the complete plug & play system. No need for the coil driver in that setup.
    69 Camaro
    400 SBC, ProCharger D1SC

Yes, you can use a HyperSpark distributor with a Sniper and a CD ignition. Is that what you are asking? The HyperSpark provides the crank signal to the Sniper and then the Sniper sends the timing trigger to the CD box with the white wire to the points input.

I already have a 6AL2 box and Blaster SS coil don't want to waste money.

Yes, this is detailed in the Sniper EFI instruction manual.
    (Absolute0, please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

What you talking about?sorry i spend my time building stuffnot sitting here critiquing everyones posts!i dont see anything wrong with what i posted.

Never mind, forget I even mentioned it. (We're all "building stuff" here.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute0 View Post
    I already have a 6AL2 box and Blaster SS coil don't want to waste money.
    Follow the instructions and hook them up. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. You just have to run one wire from the Sniper to the CD box to trigger it.