Thread: Coolant & MAT sensor readings errors.

Default Coolant & MAT sensor readings errors.

Hi guys. I'm having a bizarre trouble with CTS & manifold air temp sensor readings. With all sensors unplugged, I'm seeing the CTS & MAT going from low error to high error swings. I've removed the harness and removed the looming no visible damage. Tested for continuity on all circuits with no shorts or bleed over. Dominator ECU with LS1 harness that had been converted to use LS2 cam and crank sensors. Running V5 software.

Look at the wiring schematics at the end of the Holley EFI Wiring Manual. I think there are other sensors that share the sensor ground.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes, they share with most all the 5 volt reference sensors. I have ALL sensors unplugged and checked all for any form of shorting or backfeed.
    Last edited by echas9; 11-15-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Also check your Pin Mapping. See post #5: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...ensor-Problems (Related Forum Thread)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes, verified Pin Mapping and even disconnected A19 coolant sensor at the harness and it still does it. Also performed a firmware update.

It's possible the Global File is corrupted. Have you tried a different Global File just to see if it happens at key-on/engine-off?

I thought off that at like 2 am this morning. I put in a new file from over a year ago this morning and same problem. Also what I did check was DC voltage on a whim. It appears that there is +5V on the sensor signal wire to CTS at the plug. Ran out of time this morning to dig deeper into it. Starting to lean towards an ECU issue, which would really bring the suck.