Thread: Winter Nap For The Car

Default Winter Nap For The Car

Winter is coming fast now and it's time to put the car away for the long nap. I just installed the Sniper system not to long ago and have been really impressed. I was hoping to see what some long running members are doing to put their car away. I don't want to do something to only find out in the spring I shouldn't have done that. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a Dominator EFI, all I do is put a Battery Tender on it.

That's all I do with my Dominator EFI too, except my CTEK trickle charger (LINK) is always connected in the garage. Also, I never disconnect the battery.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

As others have said. I keep all my toys on 'life support' (battery tender) while they're parked for any period of time. I park them and plug them in. For stuff I won't use for over a month, I'll add some Stabil to the gas tank and run them until it's gotten into the fuel system. I also go and start everything at least every two weeks. For my boat, I fog the cylinders as well as it'll sit for 4-5 months.

Stabil is a non-issue for the Sniper? I always added it at the end of the season with the carb. Nice dumping of snow this morning, so the car is definitely not going anywhere now.

Well, I use it in my 155K Centurion with a supercharged Raptor engine in it, per their recommendation before winterization. So I can't see how it would hurt the Sniper.

Perfect, thanks.

Another good thing, perhaps better than Stabil, is Sea Foam. Please don't take my word for it. Do some internet searching for yourself. Sea Foam is supposed to do a better job keeping the fuel fresh longer than Stabil. I'm going to switch this winter as I always used Stabil, but did have issues with bad gas at times. I have a lot of engines that sit all winter. JMO.