Thread: 58x No start

Default 58x No start

Maybe someone here can help or guide me in the right direction. L92 58x/4x Cam Sensor Terminator X Max, All LEDs are green while static. While turning over cam LED is green and sometimes bounced between green & blue. I do receive an RPM signal. Cam LED stays green afterwards but crank will turn red. I've checked all grounds (x2 to the cylinder head, ECU to the frame as well as trans). I've replaced both cam and crank senors with both parts store crap and ACDelco.

- Firmware is updated
    - I have solid 12V while ignition is occurring.
    - Fuel pump primes.
    - ***Fuel injectors are not firing.***
    - I do have spark.
    - MAP sensor is hooked to internal MAP.
    - Fuel injector harness and coil harness are hooked up correctly.
    - Ran perfect on factory ECU.

On the Terminator X Facebook Owners and Tech page, I've read a lot of people are having this issue with 58x. 24x guys are flipping A & C connectors on the Cam & Crank sensor plug. From what I have read, going from a factory 12V system to Holley's 5V system has a smaller regime for error.

I'm having the exact same issue.
    My engine is a LS7 427.
    LS1 crank with 58x/4x cam.
    This engine has been dynoed with the engine builder and ran fine.

Everything is hooked up right. From what I can see. I have checked all the coils for spark. All injectors are spraying I took the headers off and can see the mist come out. I'd like to see this answered by the Holley guys. Please feel free to ask questions. I’m now swapping out the sensors. They're in the mail. I’m doubtful of it fixing the issue.

Post a datalog.

Key-on/engine-off, measure and see if you have +12V on red leads of injectors.

I do not have +12V at the red leads. Should I?

Quote Originally Posted by ac delco View Post
    Key-on/engine-off, measure and see if you have +12V on red leads of injectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick U View Post
    Maybe someone here can help or guide me in the right direction. L92 58x/4x Cam Sensor Terminator X Max, All LEDs are green while static. While turning over cam LED is green and sometimes bounced between green & blue. I do receive an RPM signal. Cam LED stays green afterwards but crank will turn red. I've checked all grounds (x2 to the cylinder head, ECU to the frame as well as trans). I've replaced both cam and crank senors with both parts store crap and ACDelco.

- Firmware is updated
    - I have solid 12V while ignition is occurring.
    - Fuel pump primes.
    - ***Fuel injectors are not firing.***
    - I do have spark.
    - MAP sensor is hooked to internal MAP.
    - Fuel injector harness and coil harness are hooked up correctly.
    - Ran perfect on factory ECU.

On the Terminator X Facebook Owners and Tech page, I've read a lot of people are having this issue with 58x. 24x guys are flipping A & C connectors on the Cam & Crank sensor plug. From what I have read, going from a factory 12V system to Holley's 5V system has a smaller regime for error.
    Did you happen to figure out your problem?

Yes sir. The ECU controls the "−" side. The fuel pump relay near the ECU does coils and injectors too. Check that green wire on the load side of relay has +12V at key on.

The two red wires in the injector sub-harness (terminals J & K) supply +12V to each injector from the relay and 20A fuse. So those wires MUST have +12V at key-on. The injectors fire via the ECU grounding each injector on their individually colored signal wire.

Read this: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9623#post69623 (System Relay & Injector Wiring Troubleshooting)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.