Thread: Advanced 2D Table for Traction Control

Default Advanced 2D Table for Traction Control

Am I headed in the right direction? Using Boost Time. I assume if this table does not catch a spin and I burp the throttle enough to lose boost at the map sensor, the table will not be enabled the rest of the pass. Or will the reset to 0 seconds? Drive shaft speed overlay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traction Control.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	8882
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traction Control.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	8881  
    Last edited by BoostedCP; 10-31-2019 at 03:09 PM.

You have the AT Launch Input Enabled box checked. For the table to reset, it would have to see the AT Launch enabled again. It’s very simple how you have it setup and yes, it would work. If the car ever gets faster though, you’ll have to adjust the table, obviously. Don’t be afraid to get aggressive with the timing pull either. However, it looks like a real good start.

Look at this datalog of a spin (yellow arrow) then a drive down. The boost time doesn't restart, it flatlines at 1 second even after it rolls back into boost (marked by cursor). It seems that will stall me in the 1 second area of the table. If I tried to salvage this run, it would've pulled timing at the 1 second values.

Name:	InkedBoost time 1 sec_LI.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	8884 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boost 1 sec overlay.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	8885
    Also, I just thought of another issue. I use boost time above 1.5 seconds as a Sensor Input Trigger for my shifter. It wouldn't have shifted either. I do this so when it strikes the tires at the hit, it doesn't shift. Is there not a timer that starts on transbrake release?

Name:	shifter inputs.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	8886
    Last edited by BoostedCP; 11-03-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Yes, just check "AT Launch" and use "Time" instead of "Boost Time"

Time is in the pull down for the Axis, but does not allow me to Overlay a datalog. Time is not in my Graph Setup window, TC Time is but it's grayed out as I do not have the Time-Based Traction Management. I've never made a run/datalog with "AT Launch" checked? Would "Time" be populated in my Graph Setup if I checked it & pined it?