Thread: Sniper starts, runs on prime up to 24 seconds.

Default Sniper starts, runs on prime up to 24 seconds.

Sniper, starts, runs on prime only 15°, at 45° up to 24 seconds (the longest it ever ran).
    1) Base timing set at 15° (according to the provided manual) won't run at all.
    2) Set base timing to 45° (according to the YouTube video Setting up for magnetic distributor. Runs 5 to 24 seconds.
    3) Actually got a small datalog recorded.
    Hopefully, I tried to attach the datalog with this post. Maybe someone could see any or all problems with my system.
    MSD 6AL Digital
    MSD Pro Billet Distributor (locked out)
    MSD 8.5 Wires
    414 ci Small Block Dodge
    11.3 Compression Ratio
    Edelbrock RPM 340 Heads
    Comp #20-225-4 CRS XE284H-10 cam
    140 Amp Right Stuff Alternator
    New Ron Francis Wire Harness
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge fitted? Have you checked rotor phasing with a distributor cap drilled with a hole, and a timing light? Gary
    Regards, Gary

Yes, 58 psi at priming, I don't know while running. No, on drilling a hole in the cap. I have an extra cap ordered.

You have a major problem. You have EMI/RFI causing lots of problems. You need to clean up your wiring.
    1964 Chevy Nova, 383 Stroker, AFR 210 Heads, Ford 9inch w/TrueTrac/3.90 Gears, Powerglide Transmission. www.SoCalStreetCars.com

I'm in the Louisville area. Shoot me a PM if you need another set of eyes on it. Or find me on IG. Andrew
    IG @projectgattago