Thread: 6A & '95 Honda Accord EX-V6 2.7L Installation

Default 6A & '95 Honda Accord EX-V6 2.7L Installation

Hi. I need a diagram to install a 6A into this '95. I'm using a MSD Blaster Coil.
    First attempt car does start & run at idle. Tachometer is reading incorrectly, so I probably need a 8910EIS per MSD tech call. Want to confirm before I proceed further. I can email the vehicles ignition diagram. Thanks, Dave

Update: ignition diagram JPG attached.
    Since I will replace the distributor and ICM (inside distributor) with the 6A the wiring so far is as follows:
    Coil in use MSD Blaster II coil
    MSD CAR
    --------------->>>>>
    WHITE YEL/GRN
    RED HEAVY BAT +
    BLACK HEAVY BAT -
    ORANGE COIL +
    BLACK COIL -
    RED BLK/YEL
    ---------------------
    The BLU wire from the car ignition coil is not connected.
    I see in the 6A PDF page 4. that there is also a red and blue wire loop that is cut for 4 or 6 cylinder operation.
    Is that the case here?
    Since this is a 2.6L V6 what wire is cut blue or red?
    Is the BLU wire (car) connected at all to the MSD GRAY wire for tach operation?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_213038.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	8895

Update: Success...so far !
    What was done different this time.
    Cut the one blue loop wire(V6)on the MSD.
    Connected the OEM blue wire to the MSD gray wire and fired right up, so far no problems and the OEM tach is accurate, no tach adapter installed.
    OEM tach readings are stable, smooth and agree with OBD readings. In fact tach needle operation is smooth and steady to redline, before was slightly jumpy from 1000 to 6500.
    Most immediate difference in engine operation from the OEM ignition:
    - Better low end throttle response, bit crisper.
    - Noticeable improvement in overall engine smoothness all the way to redline.
    - Big improvement in full throttle acceleration from 1st to 3rd gear, hits hard 1 to 2 to 3, pulls well no hesitation or stumble.
    - Passing speeds say 4 to 3 or 3 to 2 gears is sharp and pulls much better.
    - Mileage change...unknown but will follow up with feedback once I do several full tank trips.
    - Engine start up is same no difference from OEM, coil in use MSD Blaster II, spark plug wires Accel #7917 'yellow wires', plugs Bosch Platinum II, plug wires 100 to 500 ohms each based on length, cap and rotor are Bosch brand new.

WIRING so far:
    MSD CAR
    --------------->>>>>
    WHITE YEL/GRN
    RED HEAVY BAT +
    BLACK HEAVY BAT -
    ORANGE COIL +
    BLACK COIL -
    RED BLK/YEL
    GRAY BLUE