Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help with equipment choice.

Quote Originally Posted by still looking View Post
    That's a great idea to use the stock hose as a return and a new hose for the feed.
    No it's not. The stock carbureted fuel hose on a '67 Camaro isn't SAE 30R9 rated EFI hose.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...nts-amp-Clamps (Proper EFI Hose, Sealants & Clamps)

But how do you adapt the 5/16" line to 3/8"?
    You don't. A 3/8" hose doesn't do any good on a 5/16" fuel line.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, so here: Two 3/8" lines supply & return fuel. But can you drill a hole in the sending unit for the new lines or where would you drill it in the tank without jeopardizing the stock tank as I don’t wanna screw that up.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/12-300 (Holley EFI 255 LPH OE Style EFI Fuel Tank Modules)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    5/16" lines will be fine. The supply & return hoses must be SAE 30R9 rated EFI hose: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...nts-amp-Clamps (Proper EFI Hose, Sealants & Clamps)
    That's a great idea to use the stock hose as a return and a new hose for the feed. But how do you adapt the 5/16" line to 3/8"?
    Chris at EFISystemPro.com helped me setup my original system with my stock 5/16” hard line. When the Sniper first came out it said in the instructions to have a minimum of 3/8” for a feed line and 5/16” for the return line. It looks like now it says 3/8” for both. I used a 5/16” hose barb at the throttle body connected to a one foot piece of 5/16” EFI hose (or whatever length you need) slipped over the barbed end of the hard line with EFI hose clamps at each end. All sent from EFISystemPro.com with my Sniper kit and fuel system purchase. I have had zero fuel feed issues.
    1968 Camaro, 383 with Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads and Comp Cams roller cam, Holley Sniper EFI with Dual Sync distributor, Muncie M21 4-speed transmission, 3.73 12-bolt Eaton posi differential.

Quote Originally Posted by bryaneh View Post
    I used a 5/16” hose barb at the throttle body connected to a one foot piece of 5/16” EFI hose (or whatever length you need) slipped over the barbed end of the hard line with EFI hose clamps at each end.
    Yes, 5/16" line with 5/16" EFI hose & EFI clamps. I agree there's no problem with that.

Oh boy, can you guys kind of make this easier, I'm so confused now. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I rather save money and put one 3/8" feed line and one 5/16" stock return. But now you guys say both 3/8" lines. Also, what's the full length front to back?

Then do that. Just make sure you use EFI rated clamps and hose and your original hard line. I think about 20 feet usually does it depending on your vehicle, but they usually sell it in 25 feet sections. I also used the Walbro external pump as close to my tank as possible (since you already have that and are looking to save money).
    1968 Camaro, 383 with Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads and Comp Cams roller cam, Holley Sniper EFI with Dual Sync distributor, Muncie M21 4-speed transmission, 3.73 12-bolt Eaton posi differential.

But by doing that, am I screwing up the system. Also, where do you drill in the return line on the gas tank, as I don't really wanna screw it up. Or should I maybe just use the filler neck as it's replaceable item.

I'd use hard line as much as possible. Long lengths of hose are more prone to failure. I'd also have an external swirl pot fed by a low pressure pump, that the high pressure pump can draw from. More plumbing, but the HP pump won't starve. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Also, where do you drill in the return line on the gas tank, as I don't really wanna screw it up. Or should I maybe just use the filler neck as it's replaceable item.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...432#post216432 (Related Forum Post)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast