Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with equipment choice.

Default Need help with equipment choice.

Things I have:
    327 with a RV cam all stock.
    Holley Sniper EFI
    Holley 565-100 dual sync distributor
    MSD 6AL
    Blaster 2 coil
    MSD wires
    Inline generic fuel pump (not sure if I want to do this or a in-tank unit).

Is this all overkill or what should I use as this is a just a cruiser and weekend car, should I do the Sniper and MSD or sniper and distributor, or all three. I just don't want to make it to complicated, but then again I have the stuff. Things I still need is a fuel pump setup. What do you all recommend besides an in-line pump I have, but not sure if that's good enough. Thank you in advance.

(Please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

What you have should work, but you'll need to buy the adapter to connect the dual sync distributor to the Sniper. Or just make your own if you have the correct tools & parts. I'd strongly recommend using an EFI fuel tank and internal fuel pump if one is available for your car.

So should I just maybe run the whole setup minus the MSD, as it would be a lot easier to troubleshoot if something was wrong. Also, what inline fuel filters would I need with a external pump? I'm just wondering if I should bite the bullet and buy a in-tank retrofit from HOLLEY. Do they ever have sales or deals?

I'd install everything you have, and personally I'd never install a coil driver over a CD ignition box. A in-tank pump is always a good route to go compared to a in-line pump. If you already have the in-line pump, why not install it and at least get the EFI moving in the right direction. Then if you decide you want a in-tank pump, then go for it.
    1964 Chevy Nova, 383 Stroker, AFR 210 Heads, Ford 9inch w/TrueTrac/3.90 Gears, Powerglide Transmission. www.SoCalStreetCars.com

I don’t understand the point you made about the coil driver part. Also, the reason for the in-tank pump was because I was trying to avoid running a return line and hacking up the stock original tank.

The distributor is a dual trigger, and has no internal coil amplifier, hence the need for an external coil driver. An MSD module falls into this category. Don't skimp on the fuel tank, pump, etc. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Has anyone been down this path able to talk on the phone, as I'm not understanding this via typing, and if it's possible could I give you a call? Holley tech line is like a 40-45 min wait always.

I think the dual sync is a bit overkill. The HyperSpark distributor will do the job just as good and it's $50 cheaper.

A generic EFI fuel pump will work as well, provided it can meet the fuel requirements. 400 lbs/hr at 60 psi can be quite demanding and consistent fuel pressure is key to reliable and predictable performance.

The 6AL will work, but Digital CDI boxes perform better. The HyperSpark CDI again was around $50 bucks cheaper then the MSD Digital 6 CDI.

OK, that sounds good, but is there anyone that has a lot of experience in this stuff and wouldn’t mind taking a call?

UPDATE: Anybody able to help me? Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast