Thread: How can I get datalog files to display correct date/time?

Default How can I get datalog files to display correct date/time?

I've noticed that all of the datalog files I create with the handheld show the same incorrect date. What/how do I modify to reflect correct date/time for datalogs, Config files, etc.

Manually change (rename) it. I rename every datalog I record.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I do the same as Danny. I also delete all the datalogs off the SD card after I save them on my computer, so there's no confusion when I take the next set of datalogs.
    1964 Chevy Nova, 383 Stroker, AFR 210 Heads, Ford 9inch w/TrueTrac/3.90 Gears, Powerglide Transmission. www.SoCalStreetCars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Manually change (rename) it. I rename every datalog I record.
    OK, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin View Post
    I've noticed that all of the datalog files I create with the handheld show the same incorrect date. What/how do I modify to reflect correct date/time for datalogs, Config files, etc.
    I don't think you can correct that. When I searched they just say to rename the datalog manually, which isn't fixing the root problem. If you find out how to do it, please post it here. Here is another thread on that issue:
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...datalogs-today

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin View Post
    I'm a little fuzzy on this, but I think it has to do with the fact that the Sniper doesn't have an internal clock therefore a stand-alone Sniper has no idea what the date and time is. All of the Sniper datalog files I have are stamped with the same 11/13/2011 date. However, if you have your Sniper hooked up to a laptop then the datalogs will get stamped with the correct date & time. I'm not too sure what happens if you have the Sniper connect to a Digital Dash with the GPS installed. In theory the GPS should provide the correct date & time, but I don't know if that actually happens or not. The Sniper is a low budget, low frills, EFI system so some stuff was left out. A real time clock is one of those things that got eliminated to save money.

Looks like from the other thread, there's no way to sync the handheld.