Thread: Dual Throttle Body Intake

Default Dual Throttle Body Intake

Couple questions about running the Sniper 822202 92mm Intake on an LS3. I plan on running dual Nick Williams 92mm DBC throttle bodies and was curious if you have to run an IAC & TPS sensor from both throttle bodies, or is just one TB sending that info OK? If so, is it required to plug the throttle body ports for these sensors? Will my 58x DBC Terminator X be able to understand and run with this intake? Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Killermalibu View Post
    I plan on running dual Nick Williams 92mm DBC throttle bodies and was curious if you have to run an IAC & TPS sensor from both throttle bodies, or is just one TB sending that info OK?
    No, only use one TPS sensor and one IAC motor. The 2nd throttle body is just an air valve.

If so, is it required to plug the throttle body ports for these sensors?
    No, you can leave the TPS & IAC motor on the 2nd throttle body (however, the IAC motor/valve has to be in the closed position). It looks better to remove and block-off the two unused ports. The IAC motor requires a special block-off plate:
    https://accufabracing.com/four-barre...lock-off-plate (IAC Block Off Plate)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

It looks like this intake does not share a common plenum. So if you used only one IAC, only half the engine would be getting the extra air. The pics on the webpage shows them using two Drive-By-Wire TBs.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    It looks like this intake does not share a common plenum. So if you used only one IAC, only half the engine would be getting the extra air. The pics on the webpage shows them using two Drive-By-Wire TBs.
    I bought the LS3 intake with DBC throttle bodies, which is why I was curious. Haven't seen a whole lot of info about it out there and everything I actually have found is pretty vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    No, only use one TPS sensor and one IAC motor. The 2nd throttle body is just an air valve.
    No, you can leave the TPS & IAC motor on the 2nd throttle body (however, the IAC motor/valve has to be in the closed position). It looks better to remove and block-off the two unused ports. The IAC motor requires a special block-off plate:
    https://accufabracing.com/four-barre...lock-off-plate (IAC Block Off Plate)
    Danny, thank you for that info, I appreciate it! Is there a particular MAP sensor that you'd recommend for my LS3 with this setup? I have the Terminator X, and don't plan on running turbos. I was thinking one of the external 1 bar Holley sensors would work well with this setup. Thanks again for the help!

Just a thought, how do those remote IACs work? Could one remote IAC feed both TBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Killermalibu View Post
    I was thinking one of the external 1 bar Holley sensors would work well with this setup. Thanks again for the help!
    The Terminator X already has a 1 bar MAP sensor.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...645#post221645 (Related Forum Post)

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Just a thought, how do those remote IACs work? Could one remote IAC feed both TBs.
    Yes, the intake manifold hose can be teed off to two plenums or runners.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

You could find out what this guy did: https://www.holley.com/garage/view/1...tudebaker-2r5/