Thread: Terminator rich after startup and under initial acceleration.

Default Terminator rich after startup and under initial acceleration.

Was having an issue with AFR readings all over the place, just started suddenly. Also the idle would jump to 1500 RPM on its own and sometimes would drift back down, other times you could give it throttle a couple times and then it would drop back. Was getting black smoke out exhaust. I had a spare WBO2, so I changed it out and the idling problem went away and so did the fluctuating AFR reading. Now it starts and idles perfect with everything where it should be after warm up on the monitor. Only problem now is right after startup the AFR runs down to low 10s and then settles back to where it should be. Same thing under throttle, it immediately gets rich. Seems this is probably an adjustment, but it’s been two years since I’ve messed with any of that, was hoping somebody could put me on the right track?

If the Learn Table is corrupted from a defective WBO2 sensor, you can't just replace the WBO2 sensor, and restart the engine. You must upload the last "known to be good" Global Folder, upload the base calibration, or at the very least, clear the Learn Table of the corrupted values.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Ah, thanks!

You're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I had this same problem and replaced the WBO2 sensor. I did not Clear the Learn Table or upload a good Global Folder and restarted with the same problem. Do I need to get another WBO2 sensor ($150) or can I Clear and go from there? Another problem is, I don't know how to Clear the Learn Table. Need help! The engine was running great before this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by quicktrip66 View Post
    Do I need to get another WBO2 sensor ($150) or can I Clear and go from there?
    No, you don't need another WBO2 sensor.

Another problem is, I don't know how to Clear the Learn Table. Need help!
    Holley EFI PC/laptop software (LINK). The Learn Table is in the Fuel ICF.

• Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the following status of ECU/laptop communications.
    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
    However, the user has not chosen to select the “Online” mode,
    and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
    Online: Is shown when the Laptop and ECU are communicating.
    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.

• "Get From ECU" & "Send To ECU" - ECU Sync window:
    When you connect a laptop and go "Online" with the ECU, you first want to click "Get From ECU". This updates your laptop with the latest ECU "state of tune". If you click "Send To ECU", you overwrite all the Learning the ECU has performed since the last time that laptop was connected (because you're not sending the latest, up to date values to the ECU). The only time you should click "Send To ECU", is if you're just sending a Global File change to the ECU and you haven't driven the vehicle since the last time the laptop was connected.

A Terminator ECU is an HP ECU; same ECU, just a different decal. Download the Holley EFI software to your laptop (LINK), open the software with the USB cable (LINK/LINK) connected, click on "USB Link" to go "Online" with the ECU, and select "Get From ECU", (if there's still a Global Folder/File in it), or "Send To ECU" (if you're selecting a new base calibration to upload into the ECU). The EFI (laptop) software, ECU firmware & touchscreen unit (if applicable) must all be version compatible (LINK).

OK, I'd like to start like it was my first startup. I have the EFI software on my laptop. I have the cable connected, can I just clear everything and start new? If I can, can you walk me through the steps?

Default Terminator LS, Lost Battery Power & Tune

I have an LS1 with Terminator LS Holley EFI controller and a Holley Mid-Rise intake. I've had this system for over a year. I started it up with the Wizard setup and self-tune and it had been running great for over a year. The ignition was left on and it wore the battery down. I recharged the battery and started it up and it wouldn't idle without stalling. If I would take the RPM up, it would stay idling at about 2000 RPM. The engine was also running real rich and I had crazy WBO2 sensor readings. So I replaced the WBO2 sensor and spark plugs. It still ran bad, so I pulled the controller off the car and sent it to Holley. They bench tested and said it was good. So far I've changed the spark plugs, WBO2 sensor & MAP sensor. I have the EFI software on my laptop, but I'm not real sure what I'm doing, so I'm lost. I'd just like to start new with the Wizard. (I've tried reloading the Wizard setup several times with no change.)

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2193#post72193 (EFI Software/ECU Firmware Problems)