Thread: System Log Help Please

Wink System Log Help Please

Good afternoon. I setup my car (LSx engine) several years ago and have not had any performance issues. It now does not want to run properly. It's missing, running rich, etc. So as I try to learn how to troubleshoot and see if the Holley EFI system will tell me what the problem is. I've been lead to a System Log and have downloaded one. I wish I had downloaded one when the car was running correctly, so I had something to compare it to. Would one of you guys be so kind as to take a look and see if anything looks out of place? Thank you. I appreciate any help I can get.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Record a System Log to verify crank & cam sensor signals. Check mark the "RPM", "Crank" & "Cam" channels. Look for a uniform,
    uninterrupted crank or cam sensor signal pattern. The crank or cam sensor signal should never flatline (no pulse) or indicate an
    RPM "Error" anywhere. Also, fully charge the battery and ensure the engine is cranking fast enough, at least 100+ RPM. Another
    common issue, is trying to analyze a compressed view of a long System Log. Zoom In for detail - click & hold at one point of the
    datalog, and drag & release to another point nearby. It's best to record short System Logs/Datalogs that capture the problem.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for replying. I've learned and recorded a System Log and do not have just a flat line. Car starts OK & idles, but starts acting up after you hit the gas. Do you see anything here that looks bad? Some of the RPM was me working the gas, not just the car idling itself. Thank you. Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	8850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	8851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	8852  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Savage; 10-22-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Not meant as too much of a tangent, but can System Logs not be upgraded to a later version?

No, but regular datalogs can be upgraded to a current version.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Are the pics and or SL identifying a problem? Is it telling you anything of value? Anything else I can add? Thank You, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Are the pics and or SL identifying a problem? Is it telling you anything of value?
    I don't really see a problem. No RPM Errors and crank & cam signals are consistent.

Anything else I can add?
    Yes, which LSx engine is this? 58x/4x or 24x/1x crank/cam sensors?

58x with OEM GM Crank & Cam Sensors.
    What about the last picture (capture 3)?
    Is that where it missed and popped without telling anything else? Crank & cam both flatline along with a quick RPM drop? I was going to switch out both sensors today and HOPE the problem is gone. I hate just changing parts and HOPE to fix it, but it runs like $%^&* and I'm not sure a System Log did anything to help troubleshoot it. Open to ideas. Thank You.