Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Start '55 Chevy

Any updates? Having the same problem here with Terminator X Max on a 24x LM7. Holley said shock grounds and wiring, then replace sensors. So I tried three O'Reilly brands, but nothing changed. Now tech support says us GM sensors, but I threw them away already. Doh! Getting sensors next week (new baby killed play funds), and if that does not work then I’m sending it to Holley. So frustrating.

Inching forward. I had an issue with the fuel pump relay that also powers the coils and the injectors. I have spark and fuel pulse now, but something is wrong with the timing. It cranks and backfires, no start. It cranks for one revolution until the starter motor stalls dead because of the backfire. I still have a red LED cam indication. I'm just in touch with tech support to get resolved piece by piece. Do you have spark and fuel pulse? Check for +12V at the red injector wire on crank.

Find TDC on your crank pulley, and verify your timing.

Read Step #4: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Default Timing verified, but...

I watched the Holley YouTube video on timing an LS. I found TDC and made a pointer. I used a Snap On timing light and it verified that I had the 15° of cranking timing in place. I also offset the cranking timing to make it fire at the desired 15°. No run, It backfires though the exhaust now, and still after the second revolution of cranking I get a red cam LED on the ECU. Ignition is set to coil over plug, 4.5 ms Dwell, and cam timing is set for rising edge. I have 88° of negative timing offset to make the timing light fire at the 15° BTDC mark. I sent the datalog and Global Config File to tech support.

UPDATE: Passenger side coil harness was backwards, jumbling up the firing order. I found TDC and retarded the spark 84° to line up. I put the 15° of crank advance in and it tried to run, but would not stay running. Cranks like it wants to idle. Very close.

You hooked up the coil harness backwards, or it was pinned incorrectly from Holley?

Holley was correct. The GM sub-harness was upside down. Does not explain my 84° offset. Still won't start. Verified spark, fuel & timing. Cam LED goes red after two revolutions of crank.

Changed cam sensor to NONE and ran it Bank-To-Bank. It ran, would not stay running, but it ran. I sent my DL file off to tech. I'm curious what the next step is to get my cam timing working. I know the sensor is OK and the harness too. I'd attach my DL file, but the site won't let me. At least I'm inching forward!

What's new?
    Injector Inspector
    USAF 1960-1964
    Drag racing since 1955

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast