Thread: Questions before I pull the trigger.

Default Questions before I pull the trigger.

I'm seriously contemplating the Terminator X for my LS swap. I haven't bought it yet, but I've downloaded the software to poke around with. I have a few questions. When you setup with the Wizard on the handheld, it asks you about camshaft size. What about if you don't use the handheld and just start with a base tune from the Global Files? I do not see anywhere to input cam specs. Are they not needed?

Next, is about I/Os. I have figured out how to make one, configure it, and add it to the Pin Map. But when I look in the System ICF, the ones I created aren't there. My guess is this is because it hasn't been flashed to the computer. Will Custom I/Os only be listed once you flash them?

Quote Originally Posted by tjdecker83 View Post
    What about if you don't use the handheld and just start with a base tune from the Global Files? I do not see anywhere to input cam specs. Are they not needed?
    No camshaft specifications are entered when using the Holley EFI software. The Global File is simply tuned for the engine application.

Next, is about I/Os. I have figured out how to make one, configure it, and add it to the Pin Map. But when I look in the System ICF, the ones I created aren't there.
    Custom I/O (Inputs/Outputs ICF) are not displayed in the System ICF. Those are two separate ICFs.

My guess is this is because it hasn't been flashed to the computer. Will Custom I/Os only be listed once you flash them?
    Flashing the ECU pertains to updating the ECU firmware. When making EFI software changes, simply click "Save" and switch the ignition off/on.

• Laptop "Online" Communication With ECU:
    Next to the “Toolbox” button, is a button to indicate the following status of ECU/laptop communications.
    Offline: Is shown when the ECU is not powered or the USB cable is not connected.
    USB Link: Is shown when the ECU is powered and USB connectivity is established.
    However, the user has not chosen to select the “Online” mode,
    and the Laptop & ECU are not communicating with each other.
    Changes made at this time on the laptop, are not being updated in the ECU.
    Online: Is shown when the Laptop and ECU are communicating.
    At this point, changes made with the laptop are real-time updated in the ECU.

• "Get From ECU" & "Send To ECU" - ECU Sync window:
    When you connect a laptop and go "Online" with the ECU, you first want to click "Get From ECU". This updates your laptop with the latest ECU "state of tune". If you click "Send To ECU", you overwrite all the Learning the ECU has performed since the last time that laptop was connected (because you're not sending the latest, up to date values to the ECU). The only time you should click "Send To ECU", is if you're just sending a Global File change to the ECU and you haven't driven the vehicle since the last time the laptop was connected.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

After I create an I/O it says not in use and is yellow in the Pin Map instead of green for the items that already are pre-mapped. Again, this is with the EFI software only, I do not own the system yet. I've just been experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdecker83 View Post
    After I create an I/O it says not in use and is yellow in the Pin Map instead of green for the items that already are pre-mapped.
    No. The green Outputs are from Basic I/O only (System ICF), as opposed to other EFI software based Outputs, or custom created Outputs (from Inputs/Outputs ICF).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.