Thread: 4L80E Questions

Default 4L80E Questions

I have a 4L80E completely manual. No computer, no Jakes box, nothing. Reverse manual valve body. My question is how to run the wiring to control my TCC with my Dominator without buying the entire 4L80E harness. Is it as simple as connecting the lockup wire from the transmission to the brake switch? Or is there a different way of running it through the ECU that I'm missing?

You'd probably need to create a custom output in conjunction with a manual switch that you'd control. Because you're using a manual valve body, the ECU has no way to now when you're in 4th gear.

In that case, is an output even necessary or just a manual switch? Also just for clarification, even having the transmission harness, I'd still have to do it this way, correct?

You can use the input to disable the lockup below a certain RPM, just in case you come to a stop and forget to unlock the convertor. I don't know if the harness would help you, you'd need to ask your transmission builder to see what he did to the valve body.