Thread: Boost Controller Solenoid Issue

Default Boost Controller Solenoid Issue

I just finished converting my car to a turbo setup and did the V5 130 upgrade as well. The car was a ProCharger setup before so I don't know if this issue was there then. Quick rundown on the setup in question: Dominator ECU, single turbo with single wastegate (dual port), dual Holley boost controller solenoids (vent, fill).

The issue I'm having now is that the vent solenoid is giving me 100% duty cycle for some reason, it would not close at all regardless of what's going on and thus not build boost. I have the settings set to dual Holley solenoids, dual port WG, dome pressure only control method. If I change the settings to open loop control method, then I'd get the vent solenoid to close.

The other issue that's baffling me is the dome sensor readings (as well as a back pressure sensor reading) are reading wrong numbers 32 & 16 respectively, even with the sensors unplugged (not getting the low-err message). I even tried to disconnect the J2A connector they are connected to from the ECU and it was doing the same, also tried changing the pin locations with no luck.

I did a search and the closest thing I found regarding the vent solenoid was a post by Danny about having the master enable check box toggled, but that was not the case. I tried downgrading to the earlier version with no luck, I also swapped the ECU to another one from my other car and it did the same exact thing (so that rules out a faulty ECU). What could be the cause of this issue? Is it a software glitch? Something I missed? I ruled out the faulty PCM, and bad sensor wiring, as well as incorrect parameter setup.

1DirtyZ, please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    1DirtyZ, please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting.
    Soooorry

Not much progress to report. I'm still facing the same problem with the vent solenoid remaining open. I tried building a complete new Config File from scratch thinking the one I have might be corrupted, but that didn't help. The strange thing that I can't figure out is that I'm still getting a reading from both back pressure and dome sensors even though I have the connector they are wired to (J2A) disconnected from the ECU!

Like I mentioned before, I tried another new ECU and got the same results. I was trying to narrow down where the issue is coming from and the ECU is ruled out now. Right now there are two main suspects: The Holley main harness and the latest V5 update (which is not likely, since I don't see anyone having the same issue). So just to make sure, I'll try to switch back to the older V4 version just to check & rule out if the issue is version related.