Thread: Sniper with Digital Dash & odometer?

Default Sniper with Digital Dash & odometer?

Is there a way to setup the Holley Digital Dash with an odometer with the Sniper? Since I have to use the Sniper specific update for the Digital Dash, it doesn’t look the odometer function is there.

Do you have the GPS Module installed?

Search (Ctrl + F) the Digital Dash Instruction Manual (LINK) for "Odometer". Or read "Odometer" references in the 1st framed box of post #2: https://forums.holley.com/showthread...light=odometer (Speedometer Output Info - Dominator ECU/Transmission ICF)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

No GPS module. I'm using the 558-434 input harness and a signal from a TKO600 transmission. By doing this my speedometer works, but I do not have an odometer.

Yes, I have it set to Dash Speed and have tire size, gear ratio, and pulses all set. The speedometer function works, and it is accurate (I compared it with a GPS speedometer app on my phone). I'm unable to set up an odometer gauge as an IO channel. A GPS odometer option exists, but I don't have a GPS add-on module, and there's no straight odometer option. I think the odometer function was in the version 5 update for the Digital Dash, but I have to use the Sniper specific software for the Digital Dash (Sniper EFI Digital Dash Firmware V1.0.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Journeywork View Post
    I think the odometer function was in the version 5 update for the Digital Dash, but I have to use the Sniper specific software for the Digital Dash (Sniper EFI Digital Dash Firmware V1.0.1).
    You may be right. I called Holley tech and they told me I couldn't use the GPS as a odometer and I needed a sensor, and they were wrong. I didn't believe him and I kept playing around and I got mine to work. I use my GPS module as a odometer and speedometer, but I can't datalog these events which is terrible in my opinion. The Sniper platform has lots of limitations compared to the other systems this is why I say you might be right, but since your going straight to the Digital Dash I think it can be done.

Are you using IO3 or IO4 for your sensor? And when you're adding the gauge, there's a check box that says shows hidden or all values. Make sure you check that box and it opens up a lot more options for values to display as a gauge. It might be in there and might be called DASH ODOMETER.
    Last edited by RPnova; 10-11-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    1964 Chevy Nova, 383 Stroker, AFR 210 Heads, Ford 9inch w/TrueTrac/3.90 Gears, Powerglide Transmission. www.SoCalStreetCars.com

Read that link in post #3 above. I don't have the Sniper EFI, but I think the odometer functions the same way.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm using IO4 for the speedometer input. I'll go back and check everything again. Thank you both for your help on this. It's great to have support like this. I really appreciate it.