Thread: Deja vu...corrupt datalogs and barely made it home again.

Default Deja vu...corrupt datalogs and barely made it home again.

Just cruising at steady speed and the car suddenly began running like crap a mile away from home. Tried to flip around in the road real quick, but the transmission reverse lockout solenoid wouldn't throw, which is speed-based decision making by the HP EFI ECU. Engine especially unhappy just off idle. About had to burn the clutch to get home. 2 of 3 datalogs are corrupt and will crash Holley EFI software when trying to open on laptop. 3rd datalog is missing chunks of time and not very informative. Needed a good datalog so I got the courage to drive around the neighborhood, and the car seemingly ran fine. Now I'm stumped.

This same thing happened to me a couple years ago and the WBO2 sensor failed soon afterwards. But this time is different because I was driving Open Loop so none of that should matter. Not much to work with here...ideas? The corrupt datalogs bother me.

Bad ground or +12V?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Ya, I checked that at the battery posts and everything was tight. I didn't check at the ECU because it's buried deep inside the dash. I was wondering if the TPS sensor was flaky. I have a cable throttle body, so it'd still drive with TPS failing. But I was at a steady TPS under light load when it began.
    Last edited by Qwktrip; 10-06-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Check every sensor in the EFI software Data Monitor (even key-on/engine-off).
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...1465#post51465 (Related Forum Post)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I've gone for a couple slow drives around the neighborhood and it's driving fine now. Voltage is good in the datalogs, but the datalogs that really matter are the corrupt files I can't access. I see that time gaps can happen when TPS is used to initiate an internal datalog, which is how I do it. Maybe I need to come up with a different method. Will it freeze anytime throttle is smashed, or just when TPS is used to start the datalog?

I use an input and momentary switch to activate my internal datalogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwktrip View Post
    Will it freeze anytime throttle is smashed, or just when TPS is used to start the datalog?
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...6379#post76379 (Related Forum Post)

Problem hasn't resurfaced since that one drive. Go figure. On one hand, I'm glad it's behaving. On the other hand, it looms over me with threat of leaving me stranded somewhere. I guess I need to go break something else, so I stop worrying about this.

That's the spirit. ��