Thread: E85 Flex-Fuel System - SBC Weiand Supercharger

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question E85 Flex-Fuel System - SBC Weiand Supercharger

Hello & good day. Admin/moderator, please move or delete this if I'm doing this incorrectly. Thank you. I'm here seeking EFI system recommendations for my ride. I have a 1975 Corvette that I want to convert to a flex-fuel system. I'm not happy with the current fuel injection system anyway when used with premium pump fuel, it’s just not Learning as it should. It ran extremely well when it had a Holley 80576 750 CFM supercharger carburetor and it was even at a higher elevation of 8000 feet. I'm now at 5000 feet elevation with a FiTech Go EFI 4 600 HP system looking to upgrade the EFI system significantly. I want to do it right from back to front.

I wish to completely replace that system with something top of the line. Something that will handle the boosted flex-fuel E85/premium pump gas. I think I could make more horsepower with E85 since I have to keep my timing backed off pretty far with pump gas. Thoughts? I am not concerned with the E85 pricing or availability, just pure performance as this is not a daily driver. So in short, does anyone have recommendations for a complete Flex Fuel EFI system, throttle body needs to mount on the Weiand 177 supercharger (4150 flange).

Is this possible? Do I have to change my supercharger to a blow through? I'm open to using a system that would require running only E85 or pump gas with a tune change, but a true flex setup would be awesome. The engine is a 350 small block Chevy, bored .040 over:

• Forged crank
    • Forged H-beam rods
    • ARP fasteners (heads not studded though)
    • Icon UEM-IC726-040 Pistons
    • Aluminum Trick Flow heads 64cc,
    • Full roller valve train (Cam is mild “boost grind”, good vacuum and idle.)
    • Weiand 177 supercharger
    • FiTech Go EFI-4 600 HP
    • locked MSD distributor with MSD 6AL
    • 6 Speed Manual Transmission
    • 3.73 rear ratio

I want to install an in-tank fuel pump if possible, to keep the pump cooler and for noise. I'm OK with replacing the fuel lines with larger ones for the E85. I just need to know what size is best for my application.

I'll be happy to provide any more information that is required, to the best of my ability. As I did not build the engine I am not sure of the exact compression ratio as the head gasket thickness and such can make a big difference. I also am not sure what cam is installed currently. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and please share your thoughts and recommendations. I will add a few pictures of the car as it sits. (Yes, I have the mandatory bug catcher for it LOL. I just drive it like this so I can see better.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_191450-lowres.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	8790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_191502-lowres.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	8791