Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enable timing and now no injectors.

Default Enable timing and now no injectors.

Hello all. I decided to enable timing control on my Terminator system, has been running great for years without it.
    It was setup as "CD Box Tach Output, No Timing Control". When turning ignition on, I could hear the injectors "click" (cranking fuel).

Now, the only thing changed in the setup (besides wiring) is now Ignition Type setup as Custom, 1 Pulse/Fire, Digital Falling, Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (MSD). I have no spark AND there is no "click" of the injectors and it won't datalog during cranking.

When I load the old Global File, the injectors "click" like they should and datalog works. The question is, why would making changes to the ignition type stop the cranking fuel, etc.? Is there some other settings I'm missing? Been a couple of years since I have made changes to the tune, so I may be missing something simple. Thank you.

Are you seeing an RPM signal? It won't fire the injectors without one.

I haven't been able to datalog, so I don't know if it's seeing the RPM signal or not. You say it won't fire the injectors without an RPM signal, it's supposed to fire for Cranking Fuel as soon as the ignition is turned on (that's what it was doing before the change).

It needs a RPM signal to fire the injectors. Connect with a laptop or look at your display.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettster1 View Post
    ...it's supposed to fire for Cranking Fuel as soon as the ignition is turned on (that's what it was doing before the change).
    No, that's the Fuel Prime Percent. Cranking Fuel only happens when the ECU receives a cranking RPM signal.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for the quick responses. OK, by bad, I was using the wrong terminology. I'm now not getting any fuel prime since I changed from "No Timing Control" to "Custom". Is there something that changes in the fuel prime settings when changing to Custom in the Ignition Type setup?

Now, the only thing changed in the setup (besides wiring) is now Ignition Type setup as Custom, 1 Pulse/Fire, Digital Falling, Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (MSD).
    Which EFI software/ECU firmware version are you using?
    V5 Build 130 is the latest and has updates to your ignition type.

See page 1: The following are highly recommended to update:
    Users using the Ignition Output Type “Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (MSD)”
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...130updates.zip (Specific updates for version V5 Build 130)
    See page 3: Updates made to Ignition Output Type “Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (MSD)”.
    If you are using this type it is recommended to update firmware.
    https://documents.holley.com/techlib...evisionlog.zip (Holley EFI V5 Revision Log)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I did the upgrade to V5/130 including firmware about three weeks ago, started and drove the car to make sure everything was still working properly before installing the MSD Flying Magnet crank sensor, locking out the distributor and changing the wiring. Again, the only change to the tune (Global File) is Ignition Type, everything else is the same. When I load the old tune, I can hear the injectors fire (fuel prime) as soon as the ignition is turned on, this does not happen with the new tune. I'm running an MSD 7AL2.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Are you seeing an RPM signal? It won't fire the injectors without one.
    I haven't been able to datalog, so I don't know if it's seeing the RPM signal or not.
    We need the answer to this simple question. You don't need a datalog to ascertain if there's a cranking RPM signal. The Data Monitor on the 3.5" TSLCD or EFI software (laptop) will indicate this.

Sorry, I had everything locked up when I started this thread yesterday. Now I'm at work, I'll check it out when I get home this afternoon. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast