Thread: Adjustable vacuum canister for 8582?

Default Adjustable vacuum canister for 8582?

Will the MSD 8463 adjustable vacuum canister work on the MSD 8582 distributor? Thanks.

Does that MSD 8582 distributor even have a provision for a vacuum advance canister?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Yes, it has a vacuum advance canister on it.

The instructions for an 8582 show it has no vacuum advance fitted. Are you sure the distributor you have is a 8582? Gary
    Regards, Gary

I got that number from the installation documentation I used. Here's a link to the distributor I have. Sorry for the mistake.
    https://blueprintengines.com/product...-cap-bpp3023bl

I found another part that might do the job. Would this work in place of an adjustable vacuum canister? MSD 84281. My goal is to see if I can switch the vacuum source from ported to manifold, but limit the amount of advance it can make.

Either you take the plunge, and see if it will work for you, or buy a better adjustable distributor, or even lock yours out and run programmable ignition. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Thanks Gary. I use to own boats and money was spent in chunks of boat, boatt and boath. (break out another thousand, break out another ten thousand and break out another hundred thousand). Now that I'm retired and don't have much disposable income, I'm trying to keep my money in my wallet as much as possible. If only I could see into the future when I make these purchases. It's one thing to spend money once for a part but another to have to replace it within a year for a better part that costs twice what the original upgraded part cost. The 84281 doesn't cost much and seems like it'll do the job if it will fit.

I like your thinking. (Chunks of boat,boatt,boath I like that also.) Gary
    Regards, Gary