Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Sniper with HyperSpark no start (datalogs included).

You might have too much Cranking Fuel or maybe the IAC Parked Position isn't high enough.

You still have EMI in the last data log that you provided. Also, a lot of the times if you have to push the throttle down to get the car to start your IAC is not set properly. I'd get the EMI squared away first, then set the IAC correctly. I'd check the pulse wires coming from the MSD box that go to the coil. Those wires cause lots of noise and need to be isolated.
    Last edited by RPnova; 09-12-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Update: I made some adjustments to the IAC Parked Position, the Startup Enrichment, the Fuel Prime Percentage, and reset the base throttle blade adjustment/IAC Position. I was able to get the car to start and idle on its own! And I was even able to shut it off and restart it! On hot restart it stumbles and struggles a bit, but it'll start & fall into idle. I'm super stoked and extremely appreciative for all of your help. Tomorrow I'm going to finish the brakes and take it for a drive and see what happens. Thanks again everyone!

Sounds like you might be a little rich on the hot start, but you'll need to check to see. Datalog the startup and then play back the datalog and watch the parameters. That's how you'll know what to change.

If you take the time to study this, you'll be a startup tuning expert, and read the "TIP" in post #6:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6254#post36254 (Good Starting Advice Thread - Especially posts #2, #4 & #6.)

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    Quick Datalogger Information:
    Always provide data, not just symptoms. Is the AFR & ignition timing optimized? Overlay the datalog onto your Config File.
    Ensure the Target A/F Ratio table is properly programmed for your engine. Ensure the ECU is "Learning" (Learn Table LINK).
    Scroll through the datalog to the problem area. Then look exactly where this happens on the Base Fuel & Timing Tables. Scrutinize:
    RPM, MAP, MAT, TPS, CTS, IAC, Target AFR, AFR Left, CL Comp, Ignition Timing, Duty Cycle, Fuel Flow, Fuel Pressure & Battery.

Using the Holley Sniper EFI software (LINK), look at where the live cursor moves to during this occurrence, and
    manually tune that area of the Base Fuel Table (enrich or lean) & Base Timing Table (optimize ignition timing).

I find the most helpful datalog function, is overlaying the datalog on your Config File.
    I'm in the habit of using the datalog Overlay feature every time I review a datalog.
    Click on "Datalog" (on the top Toolbar), "Activate Overlay", then "Open Data Log".
    You can literally "playback" a recorded event, and watch it as it happened on any screen.
    Minimize (shrink) the datalog window, and move it to the bottom of any Config File screen.
    Then click & scroll anywhere on the datalog, and watch it playback on your Config File (EFI software).
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...9r10543rev.pdf (Holley EFI Datalogger Instructions)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...s-amp-Datalogs (Datalog Information - Read "NOTES")
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHO...C6FEA0BB99AF17 (How To Record & Email A Datalog)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...7531#post77531 (Closed Loop Datalog Tuning - Posts #2, #4 & #6)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Apcook, read Danny’s thread above carefully. It is excellent.
    Also, pull a plug and see if it is sooted up and needs replacing.
    69 Camaro
    400 SBC, ProCharger D1SC

@Danny Cabral:Thanks for the links. I've been studying all those links you put there all morning. Definitely need to lean out the Cranking Enrichment tonight after reading the posts linked above. Also I think my IAC might be a little out of range too.

@Gregs69ss: I'm going to pickup a new set of plugs for it tonight. Seeing as all of the other ignition parts are new might as well.

On a side note does the HyperSpark/Sniper system care about the spark plug gap? OR should I just stick with the .035" that I've been using?

Quote Originally Posted by apcook90 View Post
    On a side note does the HyperSpark/Sniper system care about the spark plug gap? OR should I just stick with the .035" that I've been using?
    Not the Sniper EFI, but the engine requires the proper spark plug gap. .035" should be fine.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Apcook, for what it's worth, I have my IAC Parked Position set at 75% from -40°F to 80°F. Then set at 60% from 100°F to max. Yours may be a little low at warmer temps, so don't be afraid to experiment with it higher.
    69 Camaro
    400 SBC, ProCharger D1SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12