Thread: 12-875 Filter/Regulator Fuel Pressure High

Default 12-875 Filter/Regulator Fuel Pressure High

I just installed the 12-875 Filter/Regulator hoping to solve the erratic ACDelco LS Filter regulator high pressure issue. The pressure is not stable and ranges from 62-70 psi and not the 59.5 as advertised. My system is the Holley Sniper EFI tank and -6AN lines 100%. Mounted by the tank with a 1 foot return and single line to the front. Tech Support suggested a filter and regulator setup, but I'd like it to be my last resort. Goal is still to only have a single line to the front. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

An EFI fuel system needs two filters:
    Before fuel pump - 100 micron pre-filter. (Or the OEM in-tank sock filter.)
    After fuel pump - 10 micron post-filter. (40 micron is for carburetion.)
    http://documents.holley.com/holleyfu...ems_chart1.pdf (Fuel System Selection Chart)
    http://documents.holley.com/flyer_ho...el_systems.pdf (Holley Fuel Systems Brochure)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....nts-amp-Clamps (Read 2nd quote box.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for the info. However, the Holley Sniper EFI tank supplies pump (Walbro 255 LPH with filter sock). I've used the correct sealants that was only on the NPT fittings to the tank hanger fittings, and there are no hose clamps on the fuel lines only the vent line. I've used Earl's Speed Flex SS hose and the correct fittings 100%. I believe the issue is the regulators used in the filter/regulator package. The 12-875 Filter/Regulator was not a cheap item and it does not perform as advertised at preset at 59.5 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by techdocwriter View Post
    I believe the issue is the regulators used in the filter/regulator package. The 12-875 Filter/Regulator was not a cheap item and it does not perform as advertised at preset at 59.5 psi.
    Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.