Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote TPS for Electronic Transmisson

Default Remote TPS for Electronic Transmisson

Been through many of the forums concerning the inadequacy of the Sniper to provide TPS to electronic transmissions. Many post are older (+1 year), looking for guidance on what to use. I have a Ford 408 with the Sniper and a 4R70W transmission with the Simple Shift controller. I just purchased the TCI 377450 from Jegs (a solution offered in the past). I expect delivery in a couple days. Is this the best option? Too much invested in this to change the setup with a new EFI. Assistance would be appreciated.

I've used the TCI 377450 in tandem with my Sniper controlling a 4L80E with success. Other than getting the linkage adjusted properly, I've had zero issues with it. Can't say for sure it'll work on your application, but if the transmission controller can interpret a 5V TPS signal, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I also have a 4R70W with the Simple Shift. I mounted a separate dedicated TPS on a pivot point of the gas pedal. I reads throttle position for the transmission controller alone. It has worked flawlessly for years. It cost me less than $50.00.
    Last edited by stacked33; 09-06-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added comment

That's good information. Could you share the manufacturer & model number of the TPS you used and maybe a description of how you attached & calibrated it? That would be really useful.

It's hard to see in the photos, there's not much room in the foot box of a Factory Five 33 Hot Rod. What I can tell you is I used an SMP TH191 TPS, the same as the Sniper uses and it must be mounted somewhere next to a pivot point of the accelerator pedal assembly. You'd need to pay attention to the direction it rotates as the TPS has a spring loaded center that works in one direction only. In this case, it's CW. Just wire it into the Simple Shift with +5V, ground & signal wires. There's a calibration procedure outlined in the Simple Shift instructions that's basically; turn the key on but don't start, slowly push the pedal to the floor and back 2x, and then turn the key off before starting the engine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0033.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	8665 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0034.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	8666
    Last edited by stacked33; 09-07-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: took photos

Thanks very much. I really like the simplicity of putting it on the pedal itself. On a business trip right now, but I’ll look at this on my truck when I get home. Thanks again. Travis

Thanks for the extra effort. I just ordered it through Rock Auto, will see how it goes. As a backup, I have a remote kit showing up from the company that makes the Simple Shift controller.

Where did you get the wiring connectors for it?

If it's a GM TPS, the pigtail is easily found: https://www.eficonnection.com/home/p...l-tpi-tbi-mpfi

Quote Originally Posted by 69stanger408 View Post
    Where did you get the wiring connectors for it?
    I think it would be Holley PART# 570-206

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast