Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley 4160 fuel puddling in Offenhauser 6116DP.

Hi Gary. Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's not drilled and with secondary metering plate. But my doubts are:
    - Fuel getting old if it's in there for month (OK not really a problem).
    - If the fuel found a way to that chamber maybe it will find a way to a idle port, and some unwanted gas going out.
    I checked carb body, that steel plate & metering plate, not one is warped. All gaskets are in good condition. No clue where it's going through. Denis

I wouldn't be too concerned. That chamber goes nowhere.
    The vacuum port is not drilled like the primary, and so the chamber has no influence on how the carburetor functions.
    Either your gaskets are fuel soaked as a wick, the metering plate screws are not tight enough, the float level is too high, etc.
    I'd be fitting a 500 Carter AFB or Edelbrock. Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 10-09-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Regards, Gary

Hi Gary. I hate a lot of problems caused by poor gas quality. I guess there was little bit diesel or something else mixed in premium gas. So I've got that yellow puddles inside manifold. I changed gas station, and it seems to be fine now (no puddles anymore).

But engine still idles a bit rough. Reading installed Lambda sensor shows 350mV- 400mV. That's near lambda 1 or 14.7:1.
    So far I know engine maybe like it richer mixture with a "long" duration cam.
    Idle screws are two turns out. Engine dies if less than ~1.5 turns out.
    I tried to get idle mixture richer by opening the IFR. I drilled it from 0.8mm to 1.0mm with no noticeable changes in AFR and idle.
    I don't want to play with the air bleeds.
    Keep in mind that cam is not stock (280°) and vacuum at idle is low.
    Transfer slot is not over-exposed. I calibrated idle speed by opening secondary plates, no holes in the primary plates.
    Is it a good idea to make some small holes instead of opening secondaries? I know standard position of secondary plates is near full closed, and I'm away from it.
    If I over-expose the transfer slot a bit idle mixture goes up to 500mv (a bit richer) and engine runs a bit better.

Also, there is a hesitation if I kick the gas-pedal down. Seems the squirter is too small. How can I get idle mixture richer? Will be 4 corner idle the solution? Conversion kit to 4150? What do you think?

I'd be fitting a four corner idle circuit carb.
    Drilling the IFRs from 0.8m (.032") to 1.0mm is huge increase.
    Is the carb running on the secondary fuel bowl as well now, or only the primary? Gary
    Regards, Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12