Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OEM Oil Pressure Sensor

Default OEM Oil Pressure Sensor

Will the OEM sensor work with the Holley? It plugged in fine with my harness. I haven't tried it yet just wondering if it's gonna work, or if I need to order another sensor. Engine is a 5.3L LS.

Quote Originally Posted by ButchB View Post
    Will the OEM sensor work with the Holley? It plugged in fine with my harness.
    Yes, select "Custom Pressure" (in Sensors), and enter the OEM "Calibration Curve" (0-5V & PSI data).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Any idea on where I could find the calibration curve for the stock sensor? I've done a search for it, and all it came up with is "oil psi is -16.5 at 0, and 150 at 5V", but not sure how accurate that is.

Any idea on where I could find the calibration curve for the stock sensor?
    Acquiring that sensor calibration data is your responsibility. The LSx engine is one of the most popular hot rod engines in existence...surely the information is out there somewhere.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

To anyone else looking, I found the following on YellowBullet.com.
    LS1 oil pressure:
    0.5V = 0 psi
    4.5V = 130 psi

I knew you'd find it. It's an LSx engine...the information is available.

I started my car tonight, and the oil pressure is saying 130 psi. Either that info I found is wrong, or maybe the pin-out is different on the wiring?

...or maybe the pin-out is different on the wiring?
    I think the pin-out is the same as OEM.
    Pin A - sensor ground
    Pin B - +5 volts
    Pin C - signal
    Cavity A=1, B=2, C=3

Thanks Danny. I'm gonna try another sensor, I'm hoping it's just a bad sensor.

This is an old thread, but I wanted to add a pic of the way the scale should look for a stock GM oil pressure sensor. I'm using an ACDelco Oil Pressure Sensor, part D1846A. The curve will look like this. Get it set that way with this sensor and you'll be good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	4425 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	1675

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast