Thread: 4160 with 20-92 solenoid, which throttle return to use?

Default 4160 with 20-92 solenoid, which throttle return to use?

This is probably a dumb question, but I think someone might have already come up with a nice & easy solution. I have a Ford 306 with a Holley 4160 600 cfm carburetor on it. I added factory original '65 A/C to the engine and found I needed to install the 20-92 solenoid to raise the engine idle RPM when the A/C runs at idle. This solenoid is large. It gets in the way where the throttle return spring is. I need to make something unless Holley has a solution (hope it doesn't cost another $100). Thanks

Edit: I was able to use a longer spring that connects to the A/C compressor. It clears the solenoid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3566.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	8660  
    Last edited by 65clyclone; 09-11-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Can you run a spring from the bottom of the throttle lever backwards? Gary
    Regards, Gary

I can look at that option. I think I need a bracket that's 3.5-4 inches tall. Mr. Gasket makes one that might work if it's that tall. Thanks.

Here's one option of a few of this type: https://www.ebay.com/itm/391741578304 Gary
    Regards, Gary

That's interesting. I'd have to determine if I can mount that bracket to my carb. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome. Gary
    Regards, Gary