Thread: LS1 558-102 harness with a 58x crank & 1x cam.

Default LS1 558-102 harness with a 58x crank & 1x cam.

I've read most of these conversion posts, and seems to me the only option is to splice the harness to pull a 5V (A26) and sensor ground (A18) for the gray 58x crank sensor? I know the 1x cam signal can stay as is, and then configure the ECU accordingly? Not as simple as a repin at connector with a LS2 558-103 from the post I've read? I'm about ready to cut, but decided to make a post first, LOL. Thanks!

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #6!)
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...5115#post65115 (58x Crank & 1x Cam - Custom Ignition Parameters)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for your reply Danny. I've read all of that and understand it, I think. For what I'm doing (58x crank) I need to send a 5V to the crank sensor not the existing 12V that's on my harness now. So I think I'll have to get that from splicing into the 5V at MAP or TPS? ECU configuration shouldn't be an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYello View Post
    For what I'm doing (58x crank) I need to send a 5V to the crank sensor not the existing 12V that's on my harness now. So I think I'll have to get that from splicing into the 5V at MAP or TPS?
    Again: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #6!)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I appreciate your quick replies Danny as I'm sure everyone else here does also. I've read that link a dozen times and I get it that I need to send 5V to my crank sensor not 12V. With the LS1 harness, that I have in my car now, were do I get that 5V from? Other than splicing into one of the other two sensors that already have that from pin A26 at the ECU? An LS2 harness with my configuration would be as easy as a simple pin swap at the cam sensor connector.

A26 is the only 5V out on the J1A & J1B plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by MelloYello View Post
    I've read that link a dozen times and I get it that I need to send 5V to my crank sensor not 12V.
    Yes, we've established that.

With the LS1 harness, that I have in my car now, were do I get that 5V from?
    Step #6 (LINK) indicates where to access it.
    P1A-A26: Sensor +5V Ref Out
    P1B-B20: EST +12V Out
    P1A-A18/A14: Sensor Ground Out

Look & compare the wiring schematics and the main harness drawings in Section 13, Wiring Appendix:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 13, Wiring Appendix)

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    A26 is the only 5V out on the J1A & J1B plugs.
    It's not on J1B ECU connector. See link below for more information.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....3598#post53598 (Wiring Additional Sensors - Holley HP & Dominator ECUs)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input and basically reconfirmed what I need to do!

You're welcome.