Thread: LS style tank pump insert for Terminator Stealth.

Default LS style tank pump insert for Terminator Stealth.

Hi. The Tanks Inc EFI tank I have for my '56 Chevy leaks. I'm going back to the stock tank, at least for now. Before I hook up an inline pump on this, I wanted to see if the new Holley LS style in-tank pump assemblies that run at 58 psi will work on my HP Terminator Stealth? Seems like the pressure might be too high (which is a bummer, because the pump Tanks Inc sold me along with the fuel tank is also dead).

The Terminator/Stealth fuel pressure can be safely increased to 60 psi (from 43 psi). Ensure the Actual System Pressure parameter (in Engine Parameters) is also increased.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Danny, many thanks. Are there any negatives to going with the LS style in-tank pump route vs an inline pump (external obviously)? I already have the car plumbed with a return line and have the regulator too. Super ticked off about this Tanks Inc. tank leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchenc View Post
    Danny, many thanks.
    You're welcome.

Are there any negatives to going with the LS style in-tank pump route vs an inline pump (external obviously)?
    No, I've used both types of fuel pumps successfully.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Danny, you're a big help my man! Thank you so much.

Gonna try the external Walbro GSL392 for now since I'm already plumbed for a return line. I already have the pump, and have a stock style sending unit with a return in it as well. That along with the fact that I already have the regular mounted and plumbed. If I have trouble with the external, I'll look into the LS style in-tank setup.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchenc View Post
    Danny, you're a big help my man! Thank you so much.
    You're welcome.