Thread: MSD 6530 Start Retard & Vacuum Advance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MSD 6530 Start Retard & Vacuum Advance

I haven't received my MSD yet, but have two questions. First, other than the 25° of retard on the Run Curve, is there any other way to retard timing during start sequence? Because I'm going to lock the distributor down to 42° for vacuum advance, this would end up with a start timing of 17°. I'd prefer not to run more wires. Second, since I'm going to run vacuum advance (non-boost application), planning on setting 8° of retard at 14.75 psia (atmospheric where I live) on Boost Map and zero retard at or about 7.75 psia, 14 inHg vacuum, which should cover me because of big cam. Obviously vacuum curve will probably be more points. Example of others vacuum curves would be appreciated.

You'll have to make a start retard curve, but you'll only be able to remove up to 25°. What I'd do is give us a call to go over the setup. Thank you, Ray

Let me know how to get a hold of you! I haven't found it easy to get tech info from all reps. Thanks!

Please call 915-857-5200.