Thread: New Stand-Alone Digital Dash

Default New Stand-Alone Digital Dash

I have a stand-alone Digital Dash that came with an I/O Harness and three Holley sensors. It also has a GPS. I've spent HOURS looking everywhere for information on what I/O port is pre-wired to what sensor. There is also a yellow wire and black wire hanging there. What are those wires for? When Holley sells something pre-wired, it'd be really nice if they had something in the paperwork telling people what ports go to what sensor! Anyone able to help?

Which connector cavities are those loose wires pinned to? http://documents.holley.com/199r10954rev2.pdf (Holley 558-432 Digital Dash I/O Adapter Instructions)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I guess I have to trace the pins on the pre-wired cable they sell with the kit. I think they should at least put a note in the bag with the pre-wired cable telling people what I/O port they wired things to.

I agree with you, but that's not my department. If you'd like to submit a formal complaint, call Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks for that link. They should at least include that paper in your link with the kit. I had no idea what that flash drive that came with the kit was for! The flash drive was not mentioned in any of the manuals or paperwork with the kit, and now I read it is to reflash the dash for stand-alone use! I'll reflash it and see if things look easier.

You're welcome. In Menu, Configuration, there's a check box for "Stand-Alone Mode (no EFI)". I don't think you have to reflash the Digital Dash (LINK - page 8).

Holley needs to get its act together on this kit. I see why nobody else around here could install this. The yellow flying lead is the RPM. The very minimum positive voltage it triggers on is 10V + pulse. That is fine for a coil (-) sample on an ignition that's like points or TFI, a flyback induction single coil. It's useless in the RPM signal of this particular car. The RPM sample signal is 0 to +5V square wave. The coil has almost 800V peak, and that's too hot to run into the harness looms. It's asking for trouble. I'll repin the yellow to a 5V level pin. If the manuals described things, this would save customers time.

You have a Holley EFI system. Is this for someone else's car?