Thread: 2000+ Silverado & Terminator

Default 2000+ Silverado & Terminator

Anyone been down this road yet? Wondering if you can completely eliminate the stock ECU & cluster? Specs: 2001 Silverado 2WD shorty, Truetrac, CalTracs, 4L80E swap with Jakes build kit, built 5.3L, forged pistons, H-beam rods, 317 heads, Comp Cam, etc. Rear mount 78/75 VS turbo, big intercooler, Snow Performance Meth kit, AEM AFR & boost controller. Currently running OEM harness/ECU on HP Tuners. I have no local tuners and I'm over waiting weeks for a retune when I make a change.

Everything seems to work, but the gauge cluster on my 2002 RCSB. I used the factory starting circuit an neutral safety switch. I'm hoping to get something working for the dash, but haven't had a chance yet. Have you gotten into it at all yet? Good luck.

If you have the talent & capability, the factory dash can be made to work.
    Or you could buy one of the Holley dashes to fit in the factory cluster location.

I've been looking into doing this on my 2002 Sierra and you can retain the stock cluster. May have to tap into some wiring on the Holley harness or use the factory PCM and just piggyback that off the Holley to run the stock gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakley394 View Post
    Everything seems to work, but the gauge cluster on my 2002 RCSB. I used the factory starting circuit an neutral safety switch. I'm hoping to get something working for the dash, but haven't had a chance yet. Have you gotten into it at all yet? Good luck.
    Very curious on what you’ve kept. Specifically did you keep OEM blower controls? I have a '99 that I just bought that I’d like to run the Terminator X Max on, and absolutely want to keep the OEM controls & A/C. Did you keep ABS as well?