Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flooding On Startup

Default Flooding On Startup

I have a Dominator ECU using version 5.0 build 110 that was updated. For a Big block Chevy 565ci with 83 lbs/hr injectors that made 975 HP on the dyno with a carb prior to being put in the vehicle. Specs:
    Holley Dominator throttle body
    Holley MAT sensor
    Holley 1 bar MAP sensor
    Accel 74107 injectors
    Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
    Holley 12-846 fuel pressure regulator
    MSD Grid & Power Grid 7 (white wire hooked up) MSD magnetic crank trigger, 1 Pulse/Fire, Ignition Reference Angle: 50°, Output Setup: Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle MSD.

Started with quick setup, made sure all the sensors were communicating. Starts right away, but labors to keep running no matter what throttle position. Can only keep it running for a limited amount of time and can't start datalog in time. While it's trying to stay running, it pours fuel out of the header collectors. Tried all the preloaded Holley files that are close to the same combination, and they all have the same issue.

The vehicle had a ProCharged big block in it before on version 2.2.0 build 3, running 475 lbs/hr injectors. It seems to like the ECU, still has the injector configuration of the procharged setup in it.

Post your Global File so we can see your settings.

This is a copy & paste from one of my other posts:
    Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    For further assistance, post your Global File and a short datalog of this occurrence for us to analyze.
    Also, review the datalog and inform us of exactly where in the datalog (time/seconds) the problem occurs.
    Datalog & Global Files must be linked to a document hosting website. I use Dropbox.com.
    Files can also be "zipped" (compressed zipped folder) & attached directly to a forum post.
    Your Global File is in the "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI V5", "Global Files" folder (.hefi file).
    Your Datalogs are in the "Documents", "Holley", "HEFI V5", "Datalogs" folder (.V5.dl file).
    Someone will analyze/troubleshoot the problem & offer advice. Also, ensure all this is right:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Here's the latest try Global File:
    540ci race gas F3 s10-new-2.zip

You can key the engine on, then start the datalog, then try to start the engine. It will capture it cranking. I see you're using a magnetic pickup in the distributor. That can be problematic if you don't know what you're doing. How much vacuum do you have at idle? By the look of your fuel table, I'd say you're dumping fuel into it.
    Last edited by 81 TransAm; 08-26-2019 at 09:09 PM.

For first time starting let the Closed Loop work idle too. You have:

Looking your fuel map you're dumping ~100 lb/hr fuel at idle areas. Compare your base map to this BBC 540 running E85:

Looking at your Global File you posted/you're using, unless I read your first post wrong you're using the wrong Global File to begin with. Looks like you used a ProCharged/turbo tune and just rescaled the table to a 1 bar MAP without making any other changes to the fuel table. If it were me, I'd start with a N/A Global File an start from that. I'd start with either the 496 650 HP or the BBC N/A 1050 HP Global Files an make the adjustments needed for your ignition, injectors, etc., off one of those folders.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #1!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I've made a brand new Global File, and tried starting and making changes. Now the engine fires up, but dies immediately. In the datalogs, it shows the "Fuel Flow" dropping off as soon as the engine is done cranking over. It seems I missed a setting somewhere that enriches the idle right after the cranking stops (AFR stays in mid 20s so it dies right away). Here's the new Global File and last datalog from where I left off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry wrong file put in the first time. This is the last data log and global file that was used
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast