Thread: Sniper XFlow!

Default Sniper XFlow!

I'm happy to see this new addition to the family: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-541. I have some customer engines that are 700+ HP and the regular Sniper 650 kills a little bit of top end power on those engines. I'm betting that the XFlow solves their problems. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

My XFlow showed up today. Looks great. It appears to be the same throttle body casting, but the entrance is CNC machined to provide the extra flow. No internal regulator which I think is an improvement, since the external regulators seem to be a little more foolproof with a big fuel pump. This unit came with 170 ECU firmware and 320 handheld firmware. 320 must be brand new since it isn't listed on the website and it doesn't show up in the Sniper FW document on the website. I don't know what is different about 320, but it must be a special XFlow handheld firmware.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3794 (Large).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	8662  

That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    69 Camaro
    400 SBC, ProCharger D1SC

Makes me wonder if there's benefit (and sufficient material?) to shaping the inlet of a conventional Sniper in a way similar to this and if doing that would just push you to the point where you need bigger injectors (like this has) to play nice with the presumed increase in flow? For ME & MY engine, I don't need the extra flow/HP/capability over the standard Sniper, but I DO like the looks of the smoothed out throat. It just looks like it's supposed to. :-)

We ran the new XFlow today. Took it out of the box, bolted it on and hooked up the wires. I think it took less than 10 minutes to install and then I ran the Wizard and we fired up the engine. The tune was fat right out of the box so the CL Comp went to -50% instantly. I opened up the tune with my laptop and increased the CL Comp limit to 100% and the CL Comp went to -60% and stopped. So that was a little weird, but it tuned itself in just a few seconds.

Once the engine was warm, we made a few dyno pulls and the CL Comp was fine at wide open throttle. It was just the fast idle area of the fuel map where the initial tune was super fat. The engine made right at 700 HP with the XFlow. This is a pump gas big block Mopar with Trick Flow heads and a Comp Cam street roller cam. It's going in a Road Runner. Should be a handful to drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3843 (Large).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	8683  

Andyf, that’s excellent to hear. I’ve just purchased an XFlow myself to upgrade from my base 650 unit. Fingers crossed I can just transfer over all my information onto the new SD card and away it goes. If anything, I’m thinking it may need a extra 2-3% fuel on the Base Fuel Table to keep it right. My current tune is very finely tuned with minimal Learn & Compensation Limits.

If it was me, I'd build a new tune using the Wizard and then after it was running I'd copy over the tables from your existing tune. The XFlow uses new FW versions, so I wouldn't try to load your old tune directly.

Andyf, I was just looking at opening two screens and copy & paste Fuel/Timing/AFR tables over along with Modifiers, etc. Pretty much the same way as copy & paste over a timing table from V5. Spent countless hours getting my tune so spot on, don't want to start again. Yes, I’m aware of the difference in firmware. You do make a good point though on maybe starting from scratch, but my engine has around 5” of vacuum at idle so getting it working as well as it does now in Closed Loop has been challenging to say the least.